Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Royal bank of Canada

Royal bank of Canada

Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal bank of Canada

Originally Posted by R2D2
My RBC branch is open on Sat's and late nights on a Thurs until 7pm, which is dead handy.
The local PC Financial facility closes from 10pm on Sunday until 8am Monday morning, otherwise most weeks it's open. I think that's quite good but they close on some holidays, such as next Monday, which is a bother. The TD is open until 8:00pm on weekdays and until sometime in the afternoon on Saturdays but doesn't open at all on Sundays which is most inconvenient.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Elhombre will become famous soon enoughElhombre will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Royal bank of Canada

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
We opened a current account with RBC once we arrived in Canada, they were very helpful and I have no complaints with them. The fees are a bit of a pain in the ass but I paid a monthly fee for my current account in the UK so suppose I'm used to it. Have considered changing to a fee free bank like PC Financial but haven't looked in to it that much. They don' seem to have as many branches as some of the other banks but always manage to find one. I try an use their ATMs (or ABMs) in order to avoid still further fees!

Mark
If you open anaccount with PC be prpared not to have access to your money for 10 working days even if you deposit cash(this is for 6months) Then you are home and dry. Don't ask me why!