Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rightmove & Find a Property

Rightmove & Find a Property

Old Jul 21st 2011, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Jolly Begger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rightmove & Find a Property

You see we have the above websites above for looking at houses in the UK.

What are they main ones in Canada?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:26 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rightmove & Find a Property

realtor.ca
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:43 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolly Begger
You see we have the above websites above for looking at houses in the UK.

What are they main ones in Canada?
viewpoint.ca is a good one for NS
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

mls.ca, comfree, kijiji
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:36 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GC44
mls.ca, comfree, kijiji
mls is the old URL for realtor.ca They're the same website.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 11:40 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

http://propertyguys.com/
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Jolly Begger is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been on that property guys looks better to use then the other ones.

Go raibh maith agat Ireland2canada
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:05 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jul 23rd 2011, 1:09 am
West Coast Enthusiast

Frank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud ofFrank'n Sense has much to be proud of

Hi,

I recommend that you use realtor.ca as it has all the properties on it that are on the MLS. The MLS is still the most used way of selling property. Other sites tend to have properties that are not on the MLS because the seller does not want to use a realtor.

As a buyer does not pay for the services of a realtor I would suggest you find one in the area you are looking and get the information you want from them. By all means check out the other web sites too of course.

Warmly,

Frank
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 1:21 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're just browsing though, the propertyguys site is faster, easier to use and has information about properties, such as the dimensions and local amentities, that the person making the listing for the realtor tends not to know. The propertyguys site also features pictures of the properties, pictures that admittedly are chosen to show the properties to best advantage, whereas the mls site listings either have no pictures (where the agent is Asian) or have pictures of the horrible furniture rather than the immovable features (where the agent is a cradle).

When serious about buying a house, one must use both sites, and drive by the ones of interest, before involving a professional, for general interest though, "which areas of city x might work for us", in those cities where propertyguys have a significant share of the market their site runs rings around the mls one. Note also that here, where propertyguys do have a large market share, houses tend to be listed on their site first. If they don't sell they reappear on mls marked up by the cost of the agent's commission.

As a case in point, consider this: http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...dKey=856803236 We thought they were having a laugh listing it in the high threes on propertyguys (it has a tiny back garden which a housing project is being constructed so as to deny the garden any sun and provide a view of a blank wall). Now it's mls'd at $419 and the shadow of the project is a treed (sic) haven. Picture 5 is typical of a cradle agent, it shows a crib and a mess, features high on the list of most prospective purchasers. Sad lack of chintz though, it's atypical in that regard. I can't see why one would want to pay more for the sake of worse pictures.

Last edited by dbd33; Jul 23rd 2011 at 1:32 am.