Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Returningto UK

Returningto UK

Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:45 pm
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post Returningto UK

When we land in UK, do we need any documents, or is it passports only?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returningto UK

Assuming you all British citizens, passports only.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Are you returning for good?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:23 pm

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Are you returning for good?
unfortunately, yes, wife hates it, and there is no work.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

rschatha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
unfortunately, yes, wife hates it, and there is no work.
Hi, iam sorry to hear that it didnot work out for you in Canada?, what happened?, if you dont mind. Anyway good luck with settling back in the UK.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:25 pm

Post Re: Returningto UK

Originally Posted by rschatha
Hi, iam sorry to hear that it didnot work out for you in Canada?, what happened?, if you dont mind. Anyway good luck with settling back in the UK.
Wife hates it, we got screwed on the house sale, work, all i could find was 24 hours a mcdonalds cleaning, plus, cost of living, big things are cheap, small things expensive, i would like to stick it out a bit longer, but money and healthy state of mind dictates otherwise, it is alovely area and we have met some nice peaple and some real minuplating crooks.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

That's a shame. The economy can't of helped. Did you consider moving somewhere a little more populated where the job prospects may have been better?

If your wife didn't dislike it so much you could've given it another go in a couple of years. At least you gave it a go...

What does she hate?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a shame. The economy can't of helped. Did you consider moving somewhere a little more populated where the job prospects may have been better?

If your wife didn't dislike it so much you could've given it another go in a couple of years. At least you gave it a go...

What does she hate?
Picton is easily commutable to large towns- Belleville, Kingston, so I am sure the OP has looked there and found them wanting.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Picton is easily commutable to large towns- Belleville, Kingston, so I am sure the OP has looked there and found them wanting.
Fair enough.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:52 pm

What does she hate?
she misses friends and family, it is harder on her as she is used to having people about, i did have the option to stay a bit longer, but it wouldnt work, maybe another time, i still have time left in my 5 year period.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:47 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Are you so sure you'll find it easier to find work in the UK? I hear a lot of people leaving Canada because they can't find work there to return to the UK, however because the UK economy is in a worse state that Canada's actually finding it worse when they return, not better.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

fedup is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm i would agree the uk is a mess at the moment, im still out of work and theres just nothing not even 24 hours in mcdonalds, as said in another post im looking into retraining to degree level so i can get to canada!!, I know austrailia is doing ok plenty of jobs there so the mother says but oz is not for me too many spiders oh and we got some snow oh wait not enough to build a snowman
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
Wife hates it, we got screwed on the house sale, work, all i could find was 24 hours a mcdonalds cleaning, plus, cost of living, big things are cheap, small things expensive, i would like to stick it out a bit longer, but money and healthy state of mind dictates otherwise, it is alovely area and we have met some nice peaple and some real minuplating crooks.
Hello Jimbloby7

I know how you feel on the job front, unfortunately its bad everywhere, however I suppose at least you have contacts in the UK? whereas here your an unknown quantity with unrecognised experience and qualifications....I know because im having the same trouble. bad timing more than anything I think.

And your right big things are cheaper, the two main things - property and cars, and then things like electrical applicances etc..which is a major advantage, but the price of some foods s really expensive - cheese for example....I could buy good quality Canadian cheddar way cheaper in the UK cheaper than here!! how does that work? and as for the price of beer thats way more expensive here!

How long have you been in Canada?

Paul
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Hello Jimbloby7

I know how you feel on the job front, unfortunately its bad everywhere, however I suppose at least you have contacts in the UK? whereas here your an unknown quantity with unrecognised experience and qualifications....I know because im having the same trouble. bad timing more than anything I think.

And your right big things are cheaper, the two main things - property and cars, and then things like electrical applicances etc..which is a major advantage, but the price of some foods s really expensive - cheese for example....I could buy good quality Canadian cheddar way cheaper in the UK cheaper than here!! how does that work? and as for the price of beer thats way more expensive here!

How long have you been in Canada?

Paul

got here last july, container comes monday, fly back 17th jan. dreading going home, getting a job will be hard, getting a decent job will be impossible
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
and as for the price of beer thats way more expensive here!
I don't believe that to be true. Pride, for example, is the equivalent of GBP1.42at the LCBO ($2.50) and, mysteriously, it's a pound 42 at Tescos:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco...ide_500ml.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.