Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Returning to UK with a dog

Returning to UK with a dog

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:07 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Returning to UK with a dog

Has anyone done this?

How easy/straight forward is it? We have only been here 6months and all his innoculations etc are up to date. What can we expect at the other end? i.e. LHR.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to UK with a dog

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Has anyone done this?

How easy/straight forward is it? We have only been here 6months and all his innoculations etc are up to date. What can we expect at the other end? i.e. LHR.

Do you have a pet passport ?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:19 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
Do you have a pet passport ?
Yes he has his pet passport. I just wondered what sort of formalities we'd have to go through at LHR.

I was easy and straight forward coming out here, but is it the same going back?
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he has his pet passport. I just wondered what sort of formalities we'd have to go through at LHR.

I was easy and straight forward coming out here, but is it the same going back?
You should have no problems but you will need to comply with this http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...fo/outside.htm

Here is another link giving more generic advice http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

HTH
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone done this?

Also try doing a search in the "Moving back to the UK" forum, there have been quite a few threads on the subject. There are few regulars who post in there that have moved back to the UK from the USA with dogs.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:28 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Dying to leave England
You should have no problems but you will need to comply with this http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...fo/outside.htm

Here is another link giving more generic advice http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

HTH
Thank you very much. You are very kind. I suppose that I should have thought of those websites myself but my head is in too much of a mess at the moment.

Again, thank you.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Also try doing a search in the "Moving back to the UK" forum, there have been quite a few threads on the subject. There are few regulars who post in there that have moved back to the UK from the USA with dogs.
This is one of the threads:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396796
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 2:38 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Sue

Sue, thank you. You are a hero!!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure that the rabies shots and associated documentation are 100% in accordance with the requirements.

We took one of our dogs on holiday to Europe once and very nearly had to leave him in Calais when the jobsworth at the ferry port didn't like the position of a signature on his pet passport.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 3:40 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Just make sure that the rabies shots and associated documentation are 100% in accordance with the requirements.

We took one of our dogs on holiday to Europe once and very nearly had to leave him in Calais when the jobsworth at the ferry port didn't like the position of a signature on his pet passport.

aagghhh - great. Thats the kind of reassurance I needed!!

But thanks for the warning. I am having nightmares about it all. :scared:
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

which ever carrier you use will have there own area in the animal reception centre at Heathrow. You just make your way over to the centre and wait for them to collect your dog after its been through customs. I hear that part of it can take a while, maybe up to 5 hours! Prior to flying you fax your pet customs forms to the reception centre, your airline will email you the documents.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, didn't mean to stress you.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Deckchair is on a distinguished road

Check out this link. I found their service interesting. Not sure how price compares to doing it yourself though?
http://www.ladyhaye.co.uk/index.htm
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:44 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Sorry, didn't mean to stress you.

No you didn't really stress me - well, anymore than I already am!
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Deckchair
Check out this link. I found their service interesting. Not sure how price compares to doing it yourself though?
http://www.ladyhaye.co.uk/index.htm
When we shipped our 2 German Shepherds to Calgary the best thing that could be said about the Ladyhaye price was they were a little cheaper than Airpets, but not much (about 2200 pounds) . Ended up using Airpets anyway because they could handle the dates that we wanted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.