Restaurant's

Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:35 am
Just Joined

corbyn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Restaurant's

To Everyone

We have a big family so my mum has to wash up, and sometimes we like to go out to eat. But what would be the best restaurant to eat out.
Does it have a childrens MENU as well .

Hope you can reply
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

taira is an unknown quantity at this point

In Burnaby and Vancouver area they have many excellent restuarants. Burgers, pizza, hotdogs, mexican, chinese, you name it they have it. One of my favourite restuarants they have right in Burnaby is one that sells all sorts of things like chicken and porkchops and meat pies. I'm trying to think of the names but its late and my brain is dead at the momment so as I think of names I'll jot them down and get back to this thread. Most places have a childrens menu.

Being in Burnaby also you are close to Vancouver which has excellent sweetshops that sells Brittish Candy and lots of little teashops which sell sausage rolls and pastries and such.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if you want "healthy" food but I subscibe to a nutrition magazine and it says Swiss Chalet is one of the best restaurants for kids as it has things other than french fries for veggies. Also, I think its pretty cheap. My son and granddaughter went there the other week and they both said it was good, although everybody I know hates that sauce that they give you to dip the chicken in!
Old Apr 18th 2004, 4:47 pm
Munior Jember

danny1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

you can find the usual places like pizza hut, mcdonalds, burger king etc. but there are others like A&W, taco bell, wendys and my favourite - dairy queen

if you dont want fast food and burger bars then places like earls, boston pizza, the keg, red robin, swiss chalet, red lobster, chillis...

as you can see there are loads... and they are just the big chains there will be loads of smaller independant ones.

One thing i noticed about canada is that canadians love to eat out so I wouldnt worry about finding places to eat!!!
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:28 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lizwil98
Not sure if you want "healthy" food but I subscibe to a nutrition magazine and it says Swiss Chalet is one of the best restaurants for kids as it has things other than french fries for veggies. Also, I think its pretty cheap. My son and granddaughter went there the other week and they both said it was good, although everybody I know hates that sauce that they give you to dip the chicken in!

Just got back yesterday from toronto, Ate at Swiss Chalet a few days back, food not bad, but know exactly what you mean by that sauce! What is in it?

Tried Mandarin, a buffet style chinese restaurant, excellent food and service!

Tim Horton donuts, missing them already!

Have fun, my kids did.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

jonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to all
Talking swiss chalet sauce

Ok, I have to come forward and admit - I love the Swiss Chalet Sauce. When I eat there I ask for extra for dunking my fries!
Two of my workmates also love the sauce.... we're not nuts are we?!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 5:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: swiss chalet sauce

Originally posted by jonthelad
Ok, I have to come forward and admit - I love the Swiss Chalet Sauce. When I eat there I ask for extra for dunking my fries!
Not nuts...just turning native eh!!

Noodoodaboodit

Iain

Last edited by iaink; Apr 21st 2004 at 6:33 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: swiss chalet sauce

Originally posted by jonthelad
If you're ever in Quebec try St. Hubert's Barbeque. It's a chain similar to Swiss Chalet except the sauce is more tangy.