Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Renting in Canada

Renting in Canada

Old Aug 24th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold
Default Renting in Canada

Would you say its a good idea to head out there before you move and find somewhere to rent? or would you say get over there stay in hotel for abit and find somewhere to rent?? Any advice would be great!!
Old Aug 24th 2006, 10:46 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in Canada

Originally Posted by Sarahad
Would you say its a good idea to head out there before you move and find somewhere to rent? or would you say get over there stay in hotel for abit and find somewhere to rent?? Any advice would be great!!

Well depends on where you're going in Canada really as to the options you have. Neepawa will propabally be a safe bet to rent straight away but only if one was available for rent.

So would you like to narrow down the area a bit from 9,984,670 km² or 3,854,085 sq mi perhaps some one could answer\help you better.
Old Aug 24th 2006, 11:38 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grah
Well depends on where you're going in Canada really as to the options you have. Neepawa will propabally be a safe bet to rent straight away but only if one was available for rent.

So would you like to narrow down the area a bit from 9,984,670 km² or 3,854,085 sq mi perhaps some one could answer\help you better.
Taking a wild stab, I would say Edmonton....I think the clue in in the profile.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:59 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yonk
Taking a wild stab, I would say Edmonton....I think the clue in in the profile.
Sorry but hahahahaha!

Anyway ... back to the original ...

Will you be getting your furniture straight away? Do you already have an idea which district you want to live? Did you want a short let or a longer one??

Sorry can't really tell you what's best for you, but this is what we did in Calgary.

We were lucky to find a furnished house for 2 months on the internet, that would allow our dog too, so we booked it up before going.
Unfortunately we didn't have the money from our house sale by the time our two months was up, which would have been perfect, and we had to take another rental, this time in the area we wanted to live. Our furniture arrived right then too, so it worked quite well.

A lot of people do stay in a hotel initially then look for rentals when they get there, or many even buy during that period as things can move very quickly when buying housing in Canada. I'd say have a look at properties online and if you see one that seems good, in an area you think you'd like to live then try going for it, just to save the expense and inconvenience of living in a hotel for a bit.

I see you are bringing a cat? So that will narrow your choices somewhat both for hotels and rentals!

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Aug 25th 2006 at 1:03 am.