Rental Prices

Old Mar 13th 2020, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

lacazet2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rental Prices

Hello

We are in the beginning stages of planning immigration to Canada. Just I can't seem to make out what the average Rental Price is over there, and what does the Price include i.e. any of the bills etc...

If someone could help with some info would be greatful.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 13th 2020, 3:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental Prices

Hello and welcome to BE!

That's like asking 'how long is a piece of string' unfortunately. It would depend on what type of accommodation you are hoping for and where you are hoping to live. There is no 'average' - Canada is a big country
As to inclusive? Some apartments will include heat and water, most properties include City taxes (like poll tax), very few houses include anything other than that. Do have a read of our most excellent wiki
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Renting-Canada

You say you are 'planning' to move to Canada - have you worked out a route for immigration? Pointless planning where you might move to until you find out if you can actually move If you have any questions on different routes you can post to our Immigration forum - there'll be lots of advice given.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacazet2k
Hello

We are in the beginning stages of planning immigration to Canada. Just I can't seem to make out what the average Rental Price is over there, and what does the Price include i.e. any of the bills etc...

Thanks in advance
Hi, welcome to BE.

As Siouxie has said, there's no 'average' as Canada is just such a huge country - would be like asking the average price for rentals in Europe, when prices in central London will be very different to those in rural Poland! You can search for rentals using the links in the Wiki article above to give you an idea.

Did you have a city/area in mind?

Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacazet2k
Hello

Thanks in advance
As others said it varies greatly across Canada and even within the same province, rents are very localized.

I am in Vancouver, average rent for a 1 bedroom is around $1,800 a month.