Reload this Page >

Renewal of PR Card, British Passport renewal help

Renewal of PR Card, British Passport renewal help

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:49 am
Just Joined

raican is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewal of PR Card, British Passport renewal help

Hi there

I am traveling in August and saw that my Canadian PR card was expiring in August and my British passport within 5 months.

I have sent the PR Card renewal application out today with request of urgent travel.
I was advised by CIC that I might get my PR Card back in time.

My problem now is following.
I also need to renew my British passport and wanted to send the application out next week.

But I notice when I have to go to pick up my PR Card I need to provide all the original documents of the copies I have sent.
I did send a copy of my passport page.

Anybody has experience in what I need to show, and if I am not in possession of my UK passport/ or in possession of the NEW UK passport+expired passport will I be able to pick up my PR Card??

Thanx
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of PR Card, British Passport renewal help

Dont they still send the voided copy of your old UK passport back along with the new one? The combination of those two should be enough to pick up the PR card, should they not mail it to you.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:15 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Umm, if you are travelling in August, do you think that your British Passport renewal will be processed in time? Only 5 weeks or so. That's cutting it a bit fine IMHO.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

raican is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Umm, if you are travelling in August, do you think that your British Passport renewal will be processed in time? Only 5 weeks or so. That's cutting it a bit fine IMHO.
Thnx

I called CIC and they said should be fine with old expired passport and the new passport.

Yes I know I am cutting it bit fine I will be having 6 weeks after sending of the application. I haven't done my booking for the flights yet and will do it last minute once I recieve my passport back.
I am counting on the 4 week turnaround timeline :-)
Old Jun 24th 2010, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Robbie500 is an unknown quantity at this point

The turn around is 4 weeks from the time they take the money off your credit card, not the whole process. I had the same problem but once they have cashed your fee they will process your passport within 7 days of your day of travel and returned mine within 2 days.
Rob