Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

renewal of passport

renewal of passport

Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of
Default renewal of passport

Hey guys
My passport expeires soon, I understand I have to send it to Ottawa for renewal.
My question is, it takes 3 weeks to receive the new one, but I travel into the US most weekends!
Is there anyway of getting this quicker, ie anywhere in vancouver in person???
any advice appreciated
ps i would call them, but its $2.50 per minute!!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: renewal of passport

Originally Posted by London7
Hey guys
My passport expeires soon, I understand I have to send it to Ottawa for renewal.
My question is, it takes 3 weeks to receive the new one, but I travel into the US most weekends!
any advice appreciated
ps i would call them, but its $2.50 per minute!!!
I just renewed my passport. I took it to the nearest passport office with the new simple renewal form that you can print off from their website. It cost me $75.00 and I got mine within two weeks.

I noticed on my old passport that they clipped the corners of each page so it couldnt be used if case I lost it. Im sure they would be able to help you.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:40 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London7
I don't know where you get that idea.

Yes, if you pay extra, you can get a new passport in 24 hours.

Passport Canada's offices in the Greater Vancouver Area are:

Suite 200, Sinclair Centre
757 Hastings Street West
Vancouver, BC
Mon-Fri: 7:30 - 16:30

Suite 310
5611 Cooney Road
Richmond, BC
Mon-Fri: 8:30 - 20:00

Suite 900
13401 - 108th Avenue
Surrey, BC
Mon-Fri: 8:00 - 16:30
x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

Possibly it is not a Canadian Passport...
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:44 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wizzard
Possibly it is not a Canadian Passport...
Right you are.
x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:06 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Right you are.
x
Judy, what happened, you usually think outside the box
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wouldnt a non-canadian passport need to be returned to the country of orgin not ottawa?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:25 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Originally Posted by willmore
Wouldnt a non-canadian passport need to be returned to the country of orgin not ottawa?
If London7 is British, the British High Commission in Ottawa can renew his passport.
x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If London7 is British, the British High Commission in Ottawa can renew his passport.
x
Well you are so clever, I didnt know that.....! Learn something new everyday!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Well I looked into renewing my British Passport in Ottawa and was told it was going to cost$250.00 plus $15.00 courier fees.......it is cheaper to become a Canadian citizen! But the I wasn't able to go to florida this winter so that was abummer!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corky
Well I looked into renewing my British Passport in Ottawa and was told it was going to cost$250.00 plus $15.00 courier fees.......it is cheaper to become a Canadian citizen! But the I wasn't able to go to florida this winter so that was abummer!
On the plus side at least the British Passport is valid for 10 years not just 5 like the Canadian one.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

My partners ran out at the time of our medicals. He sent of to Ottawa for a new one and it was returned in 3 weeks. I cannot remember how much it cost (it will be on their website) but certainly much more than if he'd renewed it in the UK.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

FYI - British Passport Fees when applying in Canada:

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1107296901800
Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

In the budget the Government said they are planning on introducing an electronic Canadian Passport by 2011 and that at that point they would make it valid for 10 years rather than the current 5. Probably double the fees to account for it.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:38 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
FYI - British Passport Fees when applying in Canada:

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1107296901800
Thanks for that, in our case I'm glad we have til 2012 to save

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.