Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

removal companies in France

removal companies in France

Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:23 am
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default removal companies in France

I have started getting quotes but living in France seems to add to the complication.
Companies in UK want to bring my container back to UK and ship it from there with the extra cost, and companies in France only seem to go as far as Montreal when we want to go to Hamilton, Ontario !
Has anyone moved from France or know anyone who has and who isn't going to Quebec ?
Either a container that I fill myself, a maritime transporter that just deliver the container, or a removals company.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future
Default Re: removal companies in France

Hi Silverkat,

haven't found anything yet, but am also planning to move from France to Canada, actually to Vancouver. So keep me posted, ok?

The one quote I got was for shipping the container to Montreal and then overland to Vancouver. (Hasenkamp)

Right now, I am concentrating on the jobhunt, because I would like to only move when I have a job. -- but I will need to find out about shipping costs and shipping options, too.

Did you check the companies that advertise on FUSAC?
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:25 pm
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received a few estimates which is giving me an idea of who to put asside. Their estimates are only valid a few months.
Not all the companies go to Canada and even less go further than Montreal.
Crown relocations go anywhere but you pay for what seems to be a very good service.
Fretonline is a website that you can contact container shipping companies through.
What are you moving ? part container or full container ?
I'm still waiting for an answer from Demeco.
You can try AGS, Schmidt & Kahlert, Europack.
If you contact them let me know how they are and if you have a few different companies let me know too !
Apparently there's only us and you moving from France !!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ikatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant futureIkatita has a brilliant future

ok, thanks for that, and I will let you know how the quotes go.

I am not sure yet of how much I am going to take (-- actually, I am just now searching for a job, and will know when I will move only once I have a job offer secured...). I am hesitating between a container and less than a container.

Yes, I also get the impression that very few people on this forum move from France to Canada. Of course, lots of French are moving to Quebec, but they are mostly on the francophone forums.