Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Registering a UK microchip in Canada

Registering a UK microchip in Canada

Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:07 am
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Registering a UK microchip in Canada

Before moving to Canada we had our dog microchipped (to comply with the pet passport) and have just realised that unless the chip is registered with a company in Canada there is no way that a shelter etc. would be able to locate us if required. Has anyone registered a UK microchip in Canada please?
Old Nov 6th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all
Default Re: Registering a UK microchip in Canada

When we took our dog to the vet here, she checked the chip and told us that as long as the address registered in the UK is the Canadian address, then all would be fine. It seems that part of the chip code relates to the company who supplied it and , when read, the authorities would contact the original supplier!!

So I suggest you contact the UK registry with your new address.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Steve
Old Nov 6th 2012, 7:43 pm
cxx
BE Enthusiast

cxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond reputecxx has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info - I will check with our vet, however the other problem I have is that the address on the UK database is still the UK one so will need to see how I get it updated.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Steveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to allSteveh27wp is a name known to all

When we had our dog chipped, we were given a pack which included a 'change of detail' form. If you have this, it should give you all the info you need..including the fee for the change. If not, your vet who placed the chip, should have the info you require.