Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Reg plates / Vanity plate

Reg plates / Vanity plate

Old May 30th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Reg plates / Vanity plate

Hi all

I'm about to buy a car, and I know I have to buy reg plates for it. I always wanted a personalised number plate back home but could never afford one....but they're a lot cheaper here.

So I wanted to start a fun thread and see if anyone has a 'vanity plate' and what is on it? Or what is the best one you've seen when you're out and about........
Pictures welcome!

Old May 30th 2009, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reg plates / Vanity plate

This one is local business name:

Old May 30th 2009, 4:29 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

i'll be reading this with interest as its something i'm considering too Not sure of the costs etc but a quick call to AB registries should do it!

I know of one member in SK that has a sweet personalised plate
Old May 30th 2009, 4:36 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
i'll be reading this with interest as its something i'm considering too Not sure of the costs etc but a quick call to AB registries should do it!

I know of one member in SK that has a sweet personalised plate
We know the same one, lol.

I've a suggestion for yours, Mandy. BYND HLP
Old May 30th 2009, 8:55 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Probably obvious but.....

EXP 4T
Old May 30th 2009, 12:02 pm
Love it

chinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nice

I have one here but its just my daughters initials as the car is basically her taxi.

In the UK I had an M5. It would appear a LOT of people don't like BMWs and their drivers. I had it keyed within a week, someone tried to snap my door mirror off whilst I was parked and sat in it, and a few other incidents so I bought M55 CUM and then split it up to read M5 5CUM which was pretty much how some people viewed me for having that car.

A police car was filling up with petrol once when I pulled in. I got out to fill up, the passenger copper got out and walked to stand within 1ft of my bonnet, arms folded and just stood there watching me fill up. He didn't say a word. Very strange. I also got pulled at a speed trap for NOT speeding, as soon as he came up to me and I opened the window, he said "We've stopped you because you are not the registered keeper of this vehicle" What the ^&%*!!! He hadn't even asked who I was so how did he know i wasn't the registered keeper??? I just attracted bad luck with that car.

A more apt plate for me now I've got a daughter and another baby on the way would be "SKINT", my M5 days are over.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinzo
Hi all

I'm about to buy a car, and I know I have to buy reg plates for it. I always wanted a personalised number plate back home but could never afford one....but they're a lot cheaper here.

So I wanted to start a fun thread and see if anyone has a 'vanity plate' and what is on it? Or what is the best one you've seen when you're out and about........
Pictures welcome!

My Dad had 1 BUN. My mother's name is Bunny, but that was taken so he got the 1 Bun and put a little red heart shaped sticker between the number and letters. After it wore off he started telling people it was because of his having 1/2 his ass shot off in the war.

My sister in law has C RIA GO. Obviously her name is Ria.

I've asked for one for my car here in Australia as a birthday pressy...White background with red writing I B CANUCK since people can't tell the difference between my Canadian accent and American.
Old May 30th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

I saw a good one last week (a UK one) it was on a motorbike and it was TO51 TOF - TOS IT OF. It was quite amusing (you had to be there lol)
Old May 30th 2009, 1:03 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please enlighten me as to why Brits will/do pay thousands of pounds to buy a licence plate?
Old May 30th 2009, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Can someone please enlighten me as to why Brits will/do pay thousands of pounds to buy a licence plate?
Because they've got more money than sense, and some of them feel the need to show off.
Old May 30th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

We have one, cos you can! And it doesn't cost thousands. (£150 I think).
But no-one ever knows what it means. Fine by us!
Old May 30th 2009, 3:59 pm
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
The good ones are so rare.

There's no option in the UK to pick your own plate for $250 or so, like there is in Canada. Registrations follow set number/letter formats, so anything memorable or that appears to spell a word is unusual.

You can resell a plate in the UK, and rarity drives the prices up. The high price gives buyers an opportunity to show off their wealth, and there will always be some people who find that appealing.
Old May 30th 2009, 4:19 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I'd quite like to see if I could register B0LLOX.

You can use any combination of two to six letters and numbers, or letters only. Sorry, you cannot use only numbers, or a slogan that is already in use.

You may have a blank space or hyphen, but not more than seven character spaces (six for motorcycles).
Old May 30th 2009, 4:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I'd quite like to see if I could register B0LLOX.

You can use any combination of two to six letters and numbers, or letters only. Sorry, you cannot use only numbers, or a slogan that is already in use.

You may have a blank space or hyphen, but not more than seven character spaces (six for motorcycles).
some one has in Calgary
Old May 30th 2009, 4:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The best I've seen was on a soft-topped Rolls Royce driven by man in his forties or so... NO WIFEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.