Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

From Redcar, England to Kitchener, Ontario

From Redcar, England to Kitchener, Ontario

Old Sep 26th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold
Default From Redcar, England to Kitchener, Ontario

Hi Everyone

I'm Joanne, my husband and daughter 20 months emigrated on June 8th this year and have been living in Kitchener Ontario.

Took us 3 years from the time we applied til the day we landed.

So far we have bought a house, a car and although I am extremely homesick we seem to be settling in ok.

I have loads of questions for those of you who have been here awhile but will post on other threads.

Jo x
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:18 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Redcar, England to Kitchener, Ontario

Originally Posted by TheVickers
Hi Everyone

I'm Joanne, my husband and daughter 20 months emigrated on June 8th this year and have been living in Kitchener Ontario.

Took us 3 years from the time we applied til the day we landed.

So far we have bought a house, a car and although I am extremely homesick we seem to be settling in ok.

I have loads of questions for those of you who have been here awhile but will post on other threads.

Jo x
Well done for making the big move and settling in. It must have been quite difficult with a toddler in tow. If you don't already know people over there hopefully you can join some kind of toddler group - a great way to meet new friends and good for your daughter too.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

TheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to beholdTheVickers is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I thought so too. Go to quite a few baby/toddler groups but the moms seems to run in groups of 3/4 and its very clicky! Have left on more than one occassion in tears, but I'm sure in time they will defrost and someone might actually talk to me..LOL!!!!

Jo x
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:38 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheVickers
Yeah, I thought so too. Go to quite a few baby/toddler groups but the moms seems to run in groups of 3/4 and its very clicky! Have left on more than one occassion in tears, but I'm sure in time they will defrost and someone might actually talk to me..LOL!!!!

Jo x
That's a real shame. I heard other people on here say the same thing about being people being clicky

Perhaps you should post a thread next door in 'Canada Main Board' and see if there is anyone living nearby. People in here are really friendly and know only too well what its like to be the new person in town. You may meet someone fairly local to you in there.

I am moving to NS in a few months time (kids are older though) but will have to seek out new friends too. My mums says that with a tongue like mine I shouldn't be stuck for long
Old Sep 26th 2006, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the tip, will have a look!
Jo x
Old Oct 6th 2006, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Hi there - we're from just outside Stockton/Darlington and spent a lot of time in Redcar as we've got family up there. We had our last walk on Redcar beach about 6 weeks ago before leaving for Calgary, Alberta. Last time we'll see the sea for a while! Good luck and hope you settle OK!
Old Oct 6th 2006, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by greenbwoy
Hi there - we're from just outside Stockton/Darlington and spent a lot of time in Redcar as we've got family up there. We had our last walk on Redcar beach about 6 weeks ago before leaving for Calgary, Alberta. Last time we'll see the sea for a while! Good luck and hope you settle OK!
Wow, how odd. My aunt, uncle and their 14 year old son just moved from redcar to calgary. My uncle works for BP and got a transfer.

I am in Redcar right now visiting my parents with my little girl. Going to the Park Hotel on Sunday for lunch and then onto the seafront for a ice cream and paddle in the sea!

Jo x