Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

red seal plumber

red seal plumber

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:44 am
Just Joined

voivod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default red seal plumber

Is there any online books I can read up on ?...Looking to move asap If I can.
Have been plumbing for 25 years so should have the 8000+ hrs bit
Looking for a btter future for my wife and kids and dont see it here anymore
Where would be best...been looking at vancouver
cheers
steve
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:49 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: red seal plumber

Originally Posted by voivod
Is there any online books I can read up on ?...Looking to move asap If I can.
Have been plumbing for 25 years so should have the 8000+ hrs bit
Looking for a btter future for my wife and kids and dont see it here anymore
Where would be best...been looking at vancouver
cheers
steve

hi steve

not sure what your actual question is about? are you asking if there are any books to read up on vancouver (tons and tons of those and all the info you need is on here) or are you asking about plumbing books for canada?.....
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
hi steve

not sure what your actual question is about? are you asking if there are any books to read up on vancouver (tons and tons of those and all the info you need is on here) or are you asking about plumbing books for canada?.....

Its the plumbing books am mainly after...unless you can provide the job offer
cheers
steve
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:57 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Voivod,

Just so you can complete your world tour here are some suggestions.

South Africa, Dubai, Malaysia.

For the rest of you a search on posts from the OP suggests he is struggling to decide where to go:
July 28 06- US
Feb 13 07- Aus
May 12 07- Spain
May 12 07- France
Oct 01 08- Canada
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Voivod,
Just so you can complete your world tour here are some suggestions.
South Africa, Dubai, Malaysia.
For the rest of you a search on posts from the OP suggests he is struggling to decide where to go:
July 28 06- US
Feb 13 07- Aus
May 12 07- Spain
May 12 07- France
Oct 01 08- Canada
In my defence in 06 I was trying to get to Taos NM to live had a job opportunity but couldnt get a visa.....bloody hard to get in if your Scottish
Yes I looked at Australia...but then spent 4 months waiting for my wifes gran to die ( 4 months and then my mate who took 6 months(Not gonna say what happened but it wasnt pleasant) and my wife and I realised that Australia was to far from home .
I Have been looking for somewhere warmer than here (spain / france)( that because my hips n knees are bad in the cold. NOT so much in extreme cold but in that slushy shite we call winter here...U try working on site in slush up to you knees?) But after discussing with people in here ..I realised that job oppertunities for Brits were not as easy to get for plumbers(...unlike them all who come here )
Some of my friends have moved to Canada...13/7 and 2 years ago...they have told me about it. Told me how good it is , what the climate is like etc And it seems better than here. But none are tradesmen..so that why I asked for advice

YES I dont have to bloody well explain myself to YOU..but I have so that maybe you can understand that I am NOT FN you about . Maybe YOU should wait and maybe understand the facts before you attack me about stuff..and make smart arse comments.
Sorry to those who read this and think I have gone str on the attack but I meet enuff of these muppets daily here

Last edited by voivod; Oct 3rd 2008 at 5:05 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:33 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by voivod
Its the plumbing books am mainly after...unless you can provide the job offer
cheers
steve
soz....can't do the job front bit!!!!

have you tried google, amazon..........or, radical suggestion, phoneing a 'large' plumbing retailer in canada (don't know whom but a bit of research should throw light on that one) and asking them about techy books for plumbers in canada....or, a university!!! the former might even offer you a job!!!! stranger things have happened....good luck
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Have a look at the job postings from the jobbank sites.

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/JobResult_e...ent&Student=No

Contact Red Seal BC to get more info about the text books or visit
BCIT website to find out about their Red Seal certification for plumbing.
Good luck.
Yoong