Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Red Seal Exam - Plumber

Red Seal Exam - Plumber

Old Jan 8th 2019, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

gemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond reputegemmy1203 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Red Seal Exam - Plumber

I’m hoping someone maybe able to help.

Just when I was starting to give up hope on our Canadian dream... we finally received some good news today (verbally anyway!) The College of Trades Ontario have agreed for my husband to challenge his qualifications and complete the Red Seal exams.

Does anyone know of any literature he can use to prepare for the exams? I’m stumped looking online - I cannot find a thing! He’s currently using Illustrated Code Series - Plumbing by Ordeline but he doesn’t find them very helpful.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Moss man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Red Seal Exam - Plumber

Hi I would try to contact one of the the trades schools and ask them if you could purchase the modules that that the apprentices work from when they are sent on block release to school they won’t be cheap but at least you will be studying the same thing the terms and wording can be different the Britain.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 5:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red Seal Exam - Plumber

Red Seal is an Endorsement on the Provincial Certificate of Qualification.
https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/trade-assessment -

Experienced Workers from Within and Outside of Ontario
Has your spouse already got a Certificate of Qualification (Plumbing) from another Province? If not, then it's likely NOT the Red Seal exam - it will be the Provincial Certificate of Qualification that he's applied for - so he would need to look at the requirements for Ontario Plumbing Apprenticeship etc., I believe.

You can find the curriculum and standards here - go down to 'plumber' https://www.collegeoftrades.ca/train...ruction-sector
And other online guides / books that may help - including free copies of building codes, sizes / gauge etc., of plumbing supplies, all the good stuff!
https://researchguides.georgebrown.c...0831&p=3354172

This site (I've used the cached version of the pdf) has useful info for Plumbers coming to Ontario that are internationally trained too - a step by step guide for becoming Provincially Certified: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

In case the link doesn't work for you - here is where you can find it:
www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/.../oi_trade_fact_plumber.pdf
Plumber. The Ontario College of Trades (the College) regulates over 150 ... whether you are qualified to write the Certificate of Qualification Exam for this trade.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 9th 2019 at 5:38 pm.