Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

red seal electrician looking for work & LMO

red seal electrician looking for work & LMO

Old Apr 29th 2013, 9:45 am
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default red seal electrician looking for work & LMO

HI we are waiting PR via the trades category. My husband has his red seal but struggling to find any companies in Toronto willing to do the LMO, he is willing to work anywhere in Canada, does anybody know of companies currently recruiting??
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Irisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant future
Default Re: red seal electrician looking for work & LMO

Trade fairs are your best bet the company i am going to work for were at Ireland recently and were looking for electricians via the LMO route. I am getting a job with them but i am not going the LMO route as i have my own open 2 year visa so if things don't work out i am not tied to that company.

I am sure there is trade fairs in England like the one held here in Ireland. they would be your best bet
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

louisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nice

Irisheye, where do you plan to move to in Canada?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 10:42 am
Gained PR July 2014

lindamchugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks was at a fayre in Glasgow last year but even they were not looking for electricians it was more pipefitters etc. (All were Alberta)
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Irisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant future

I am moving to Alberta. oh god not so good so at a recent trade fair in ireland there was a half a dozen company's looking for electricians in many places from BC to newfoundland. all the best with your search
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

louisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nice

I plan to move to Canada as well. I am afraid of the change and starting a new life. And I silly to be afraid?
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

Of course your not i am moving from a small island off the cost of Ireland of 20 people to a city of a million plus and i don't no anybody i am afraid too but its what i gotta do for a better life. if i can do it you can too
Old Apr 29th 2013, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I can do it. Are you going to Calgary? Which city in Alberta? I have a PR visa but no job lined up yet. Do you have a job already lined up?