Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Recommendations - Nova Scotia

Recommendations - Nova Scotia

Old Apr 7th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Recommendations - Nova Scotia

Can anyone recommend any good (child friendly) places to eat in Nova Scotia or in fact things we should do that I may of missed off my list, we will be there for 2 weeks.
My daughter will also be having her 2nd birthday whilst we are over, so any good things we could do / take her on that day.

(we are staying not far from Peggys cove)
Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:30 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations - Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Can anyone recommend any good (child friendly) places to eat in Nova Scotia or in fact things we should do that I may of missed off my list, we will be there for 2 weeks.
My daughter will also be having her 2nd birthday whilst we are over, so any good things we could do / take her on that day.

(we are staying not far from Peggys cove)
Thanks
When are you coming over? What there is to do depends on what time of year you come over.

There are loads of kid friendly eating places in Bayers Lake - Montanas, Jack Astors, Jungle Jims etc as well as the usual McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys and pizza places.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 5:17 pm
New Scotland Girl

alexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nicealexisatk is just really nice

True North Dinner in Bedford is really great. They have that old dinner feel and a juke box that the children love to dance too. The quarters from the juke box get donated to the local children's hospital.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 6:33 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

We have never found anywhere that isn't child friendly..

My first trip here was in '97 with a 10 month old & a 2 year old, we took them to any restaurants we fancied & have done so ever since. We've never had a problem.

There doesn't appear to be the same level of loathing towards kids here as there is in England..

That said, our girls are very well behaved but were normal babies/toddlers & I've never had any issues...
Old Apr 8th 2011, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Al the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really niceAl the Agent is just really nice

I agree with Joe, there aren't many restaurants that aren't kid friendly with most offering a decent kids menu. My kids like both Jungle Jims and Jack Astors particularly for their menu selections....and Bayers Lake is relatively close to the Peggy's Cove area.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Montanas....they will sing to her if you tell then it's her birthday.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

sconehead will become famous soon enoughsconehead will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alexisatk View Post
True North Dinner in Bedford is really great. They have that old dinner feel and a juke box that the children love to dance too. The quarters from the juke box get donated to the local children's hospital.
Where's that in Bedford?

I quite like Brewdebakers. The voodoo chicken sticks are amazing!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 3:43 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sconehead View Post
Where's that in Bedford?

I quite like Brewdebakers. The voodoo chicken sticks are amazing!
The True North Diner is by the Bedford Place Mall and yes it is quite good and kids like it