Reload this Page >

Recommendation please.

Recommendation please.

Old Sep 24th 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road
Default Recommendation please.

Hi All

have been lurking around this site for a while.

My Wife and I were just about to sign our contract of relocation with the infamous Visa Plus relocations, then suddenly, i had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. A quick search on Google confirmed my fears and now the aforementioned contract has been put through my shredder!!!

Can anybody out there recommend a reputable, registered company that won't bankrupt us or take us for a ride?

We are early Thirties, I am an IT Manager, Wife is a Retail Manager, 1 kid (11) & a dog wanting to go from UK to Canada, (preferably Alberta).
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendation please.

Originally Posted by akitared
Hi All

have been lurking around this site for a while.

My Wife and I were just about to sign our contract of relocation with the infamous Visa Plus relocations, then suddenly, i had a nagging doubt in the back of my mind. A quick search on Google confirmed my fears and now the aforementioned contract has been put through my shredder!!!

Can anybody out there recommend a reputable, registered company that won't bankrupt us or take us for a ride?

We are early Thirties, I am an IT Manager, Wife is a Retail Manager, 1 kid (11) & a dog wanting to go from UK to Canada, (preferably Alberta).

Go on workopolis or something and try to get job and do work permit thingy
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Go on workopolis or something and try to get job and do work permit thingy
Thanks for the advice, I amfearful of messing up the paperwork so was looking for a reputable immigration company that would handle that side of things, appreciate that it is better to make PR application, then find suitable employment and obtain work permit to expedite the PR application.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 8:31 pm
The Seldom Seen Kid

Buchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really niceBuchan6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by akitared
Thanks for the advice, I amfearful of messing up the paperwork so was looking for a reputable immigration company that would handle that side of things, appreciate that it is better to make PR application, then find suitable employment and obtain work permit to expedite the PR application.
Do it yourself !!!!!!!!

In putting together the application you will have to gather all the information anyway. Once you've got it its simply a case of downloading the forms off t'internet and sending the cash.

Also Important Note - The "immigration company" will not be able to expedite your application, They will simply present it in such a way that hopefully it is accepted.
Old Sep 25th 2006, 10:59 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Do it yourself, we found out the hard way! The immigration consultants just send you the paperwork to fill in and gather all the information. All they do is put it in a fresh envelope and post it on, ours have been a source of misinformation all the way along - Oh they have a money back guarantee and all that but I would have rather saved the 2,000 pounds and done it ourselves.

You are more likely to have the PR application speeded up if you have an APPROVED job offer at the time of applying for PR. We applied and then hubby got an approved offer, we have been here 15/16 months on permits and are still waiting for PR. Our AOR is June/July 2004 and when we got that it was only 18 months processing time - well we all know about them lovely delay letters!!

Last edited by Piff Poff; Sep 25th 2006 at 11:03 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 1:11 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

If you do want to hire an immigration lawyer for the immigration process as opposed to finding you a job then you might look at Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller who post on the immigration forum. No experience of either of them but they do provide a deal of advice here for free. We used a company called Abrams and Krochak in Toronto. Hindsight says that beng a simple spousal ap we should have done it ourself but I have to say that I still consider it money well spent.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
If you do want to hire an immigration lawyer for the immigration process as opposed to finding you a job then you might look at Jim Humphries or Andrew Miller who post on the immigration forum. No experience of either of them but they do provide a deal of advice here for free. We used a company called Abrams and Krochak in Toronto. Hindsight says that beng a simple spousal ap we should have done it ourself but I have to say that I still consider it money well spent.
Thanks all for the advice & help.
We have an Emigration Expo here in York in a couple of weeks time, i will be attending and hopefully come away armed with all the knowledge i need to progress our move. May even find a reputable Emigration company