Reload this Page >

RECCI IN CALGARY

RECCI IN CALGARY

Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

ftdsunburst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RECCI IN CALGARY

Hello to all,
we are visiting Calgary in August. This will be a recce for our future. At the moment still waiting for our PR visa's to be confirmed. Hopefully landing early 2010. So, where do we begin our information search? Downloaded SIN and health documents. Now to find the offices in Calgary. Will be searching for a house, possibly in Cochrane. Liked the location last time we visited.
Both of us are skilled, nursing and truck driving/optical glazing. Daughter will be looking to gain employment in medical laboratories. Her partner will be joining us at the same time, though on a work permit.
If anyone can supply us with a general outline of what to search for ie addresses of contacts for essential things needed. Best places to buy white goods, local food stores, opticians that required glazing technicians or truck-driving companies. Already made contact with the nursing organization. Mortgage brokers, banking, removal companies, building a pond for our koi carp! might be a long shot.
Look forward to any suggestions that are clean!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RECCI IN CALGARY

Originally Posted by ftdsunburst
Hello to all,
we are visiting Calgary in August. This will be a recce for our future. At the moment still waiting for our PR visa's to be confirmed. Hopefully landing early 2010. So, where do we begin our information search? Downloaded SIN and health documents. Now to find the offices in Calgary. Will be searching for a house, possibly in Cochrane. Liked the location last time we visited.
Both of us are skilled, nursing and truck driving/optical glazing. Daughter will be looking to gain employment in medical laboratories. Her partner will be joining us at the same time, though on a work permit.
If anyone can supply us with a general outline of what to search for ie addresses of contacts for essential things needed. Best places to buy white goods, local food stores, opticians that required glazing technicians or truck-driving companies. Already made contact with the nursing organization. Mortgage brokers, banking, removal companies, building a pond for our koi carp! might be a long shot.
You won't be able to obtain SIN or health cards until you have landed.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

ftdsunburst is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
You won't be able to obtain SIN or health cards until you have landed.
Understand, just wanting to know where the offices are, so we can locate them when we land.
Cheers
Old Jul 11th 2009, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Understand, just wanting to know where the offices are, so we can locate them when we land.
Cheers
Here you go:

This is for SIN Cards
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-b...rc=4802&ln=eng

This is for Health Care registration:
http://www.programs.alberta.ca/Conta...2&city=Calgary

Last edited by Almost Canadian; Jul 11th 2009 at 9:48 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Cochrane if I can assist with day-to-day enquiries. I'm not much help on the work-front though - sorry!
Old Jul 12th 2009, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Hello to all,
If you need help with SIN, Alberta Health Care, Bank Accounts, and all the other things please feel free to give me a shout. I help people relocate to Calgary and I'm normally visiting these offices a couple of times a month. With regards to truck driving I can put you in touch with a number of people who moved here from the UK and now work in the trucking business. CCA truck school in Calagry are well worth a visit and they assist with job placement too. Mortgage brokers is easy, please send me your email and I can line you with some people who are very experienced at dealing with Brits. Banking is easy but the Koi carp pond is a new one to me !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm good friends with Ann in Cochrane so a cuppa with her would be a great way to catch up on all the Cochrane gossip.
Sam

Last edited by Sam-in-Okotoks; Jul 12th 2009 at 3:42 am.