Reload this Page >

To reapply or not to reapply that is the question

To reapply or not to reapply that is the question

Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

pebrown444 is on a distinguished road
Default To reapply or not to reapply that is the question

Hi all,

I have noticed on some other sites that people who have applied under the new 38 occupation rule are starting to get there 90 day letters for processing, (so much for finishing off the old list first) my application and AOR was Aug 07. I am a degree qualified electrical engineer but did a 4 year indentured apprentiship as an electrical fitter which should allow me to claim the industrial electrician in the 38 occupation list.

Does anyone know the current priority on processing of the old SW applications and the new ones and with my timeline would I be better placed to cancel my existing application and apply under the new rules.

Cheers and Happy Christmas and new year to all

Pete
Old Dec 24th 2008, 2:12 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To reapply or not to reapply that is the question

Originally Posted by pebrown444
Hi all,

I have noticed on some other sites that people who have applied under the new 38 occupation rule are starting to get there 90 day letters for processing, (so much for finishing off the old list first) my application and AOR was Aug 07. I am a degree qualified electrical engineer but did a 4 year indentured apprentiship as an electrical fitter which should allow me to claim the industrial electrician in the 38 occupation list.

Does anyone know the current priority on processing of the old SW applications and the new ones and with my timeline would I be better placed to cancel my existing application and apply under the new rules.

Pete
I guess the priority on old SW apps is still Arranged Employment first, PNP and then the rest.
Old Dec 25th 2008, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

pebrown444 is on a distinguished road

cant see why CHC keep changing their minds on how they are going to do these
Old Dec 26th 2008, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pebrown444
Hi all,

Pete
I wonder for some if they should get a refund and reapply if they are on the new list, I think if you applied before the new list then you should be dealt with first,

They could change there minds at any time,
Old Jan 1st 2009, 1:56 pm
Banned

driverpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just thought i would let anyone interested know what has happenned to me with regards to SW visa application. I got update recently informing me that a file had been created and that i would be fast tracked as i had a Radiography degree. Apparently i could now get a decision on SWV within a year whereas previously i had been told that i may have to wait three years.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by driverpaul
Hi all,

Just thought i would let anyone interested know what has happenned to me with regards to SW visa application. I got update recently informing me that a file had been created and that i would be fast tracked as i had a Radiography degree. Apparently i could now get a decision on SWV within a year whereas previously i had been told that i may have to wait three years.
When did you apply ? thats really good news i thought that might happen with some since the new list,
Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:07 pm
Banned

driverpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

I applied in May so i really thought i would be waiting a lot longer....
Old Jan 1st 2009, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by driverpaul
Hiya,

I applied in May so i really thought i would be waiting a lot longer....
May 2008 or may 2007 ? i see you joined in 2007 thats good news for you anyway