Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Realtor Nova Scotia

Realtor Nova Scotia

Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

lhcasssidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Realtor Nova Scotia

Hi we are coming over to Nova Scotia on a reccie at Easter and wonder if anyone can recommend a realtor. We are looking at both the South Shore and the North Shore. Any help would be great

Cheers B
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

celtic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond reputeceltic warrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realtor Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by lhcasssidy
Hi we are coming over to Nova Scotia on a reccie at Easter and wonder if anyone can recommend a realtor. We are looking at both the South Shore and the North Shore. Any help would be great

Cheers B

Hi There,

I have a few friends who have used this couple, I have met them myself, while over on a reccie trip, they are a very nice couple.

You can contact them at the link below.

Good Luck.
CW

http://www.jerryandannettemurphy.ca/
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

Hi,

We're on the South Shore (Simms Settlement) near Hubbards, the local agent around here is Tom Donahee (www.neighrealty.com/)

He was the selling agent of a house that we bought and he seemed very good. The only reason we didnt use him was that I didnt want to have the same agent buying the house that was selling it.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated will have a look and get in touch with them.

Cheers B
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Many realtors will only cover their own area (I found this when I met with Annette Murphy) but my realtor was willing to take us anywhere which was really nice to stick with the same person. If you want to contact her, her name is Carla and her email is [email protected]

Good luck with the house hunting.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:24 pm
Banned

irishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to allirishsamx is a name known to all

Cheers B
HI
we are buying a house with this Realtor in Truro, he has been fantastic and gone well beyond the call of duty. He is a real nice person and you can trust him!

just tell him Sam and Dave from France gave you his number..

Bruce Berry, Sales Associate
ReMax Fairlane Realty
Phone 902 890-7090
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

When you get up to the North Shore i can tell you who not to use and all on here know who that is. I have had dealings and would advise to stay well away and he is a brit. You would think that would count for something but it does not.

A couple of really good realtors on the North Shore specifically the Malagash/Wallace/Tatamagouche/River John/Wentworth/Pictou and all points there abouts

Cathy Covey (we bought from her and she is wonderful)
http://www.sunrisebrokerage.ca/

Debbie Morrow of Coldwell Banker
[email protected]

Dave Butlin & Susie Mcnutt of HLM realty
http://www.hlmrealties.com/

A good bit of advice is to use a local realtor with local knowledge of your chosen area. It's ok any realtor showing any property anywhere but you need a good handle on the area but you will of course know this.

If you choose closer to halifax i would also recommend Jerry & Annete. Have met them and been shown properties by them and they were fantastic but ended up way up on the North Shore so went local

Last edited by deanjp32; Jan 15th 2009 at 12:51 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

guccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant futureguccismith has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by irishsamx
HI
we are buying a house with this Realtor in Truro, he has been fantastic and gone well beyond the call of duty. He is a real nice person and you can trust him!

just tell him Sam and Dave from France gave you his number..

Bruce Berry, Sales Associate
ReMax Fairlane Realty
Phone 902 890-7090
Hi Sam,

Do you have an e mail address for Bruce?

Cheers
Mark...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks again for all your help, info on North Shore is great I just wonder if anyone could give me a few more realtors to contact down south we don't need to be too close to halifax so any realtor Chester and onwards would be great.

Cheers b xxx
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:42 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I used the same realtor as Destinationnovascotia and was very happy. I have however heard some very poor stories regarding the Murphys, so I would be very wary, though I know there are lots of good house sale stories too. They are very linked to the area and have strong relationships with the home owners they reprisent and other business interests......what I am tryng to say is that their interests may not be exclusive to yours.

Just my opinion of course!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:44 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again for all your help, info on North Shore is great I just wonder if anyone could give me a few more realtors to contact down south we don't need to be too close to halifax so any realtor Chester and onwards would be great.

Cheers b xxx
As DNS said, try to find one realtr who mostly deals with buying and they should go anywhere with you. Carla, our realtor would do just that. We bought in Tantallon, but she showed us even further down the South Shore too.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Pebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nicePebblebeach is just really nice

lhcassidy - we're heading over for a reccie just before Easter too. Hope you will excuse me piggybacking on your thread

This is really useful info, thank you all.

Anyone got realtor recommendations for Kentville and surrounds?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 4:29 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pebblebeach
lhcassidy - we're heading over for a reccie just before Easter too. Hope you will excuse me piggybacking on your thread

This is really useful info, thank you all.

Anyone got realtor recommendations for Kentville and surrounds?
You could try PMing canada dreams,as he has just bought in that area.
Good luck if you do.