realter.ca

Old Dec 6th 2008, 7:15 pm
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post realter.ca

Ive been watching a couple of properties for about 2 years on the the property website realter.ca. The thing is, the price never moves i.e. comes down. Do these properties exist, or are they there just to pull the punters in for inquires?
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:27 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: realter.ca

never heard of realter.ca......do you mean realtor???? whats the MLS numbers of the propertys you been looking at?
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:03 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
Ive been watching a couple of properties for about 2 years on the the property website realter.ca. The thing is, the price never moves i.e. comes down. Do these properties exist, or are they there just to pull the punters in for inquires?
As the "MLS" is a co-operative system (any licensed Realtor can sell any MLS property within their licensed area and their MLS areas) it is damn near impossible to have a "phantom" listing.
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:28 pm

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post Re: realter.ca

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
never heard of realter.ca......do you mean realtor???? whats the MLS numbers of the propertys you been looking at?

follow the link

http://www.realtor.ca/index.aspx
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
As the "MLS" is a co-operative system (any licensed Realtor can sell any MLS property within their licensed area and their MLS areas) it is damn near impossible to have a "phantom" listing.
ok, thanks. There is a few ive been watching, i just thought with the current climate some movement in the price would have been seen. Which made me think they were used to "Reel us in".
Old Dec 7th 2008, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

ok, thanks. There is a few ive been watching, i just thought with the current climate some movement in the price would have been seen. Which made me think they were used to "Reel us in".
They might be genuine. In my experience, some owners would rather sit on a property for years rather than drop the price. The house I bought was on the market for 2 years.... I think it's a macho thing, like trucks, "football" and killing deer......
Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:08 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

This is supposed to help, how?

Throw us a bone, MLS listing numbers would be a start.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 6:41 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

ok....so i was right on the spelling but ditto steve.....what's the mls numbers?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Steve_P
This is supposed to help, how?

Throw us a bone, MLS listing numbers would be a start.
Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
ok....so i was right on the spelling but ditto steve.....what's the mls numbers?
ok Mls 2082002, and 2085173
Old Dec 7th 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by geedee
They might be genuine. In my experience, some owners would rather sit on a property for years rather than drop the price. The house I bought was on the market for 2 years.... I think it's a macho thing, like trucks, "football" and killing deer......
Did you find they knocked the price down or did you pay the asking?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 4:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The house I bought was on the market for 2 years....
That would make me very wary, unless there had been a major and long lasting downturn in the economy.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find they knocked the price down or did you pay the asking?
It had dropped from original asking by, well, a lot, by the time we saw it. We went in with a "cheeky" offer, but settled at something like 10% less than asking.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
That would make me very wary, unless there had been a major and long lasting downturn in the economy.
There are a lot of properties that stay on the market a long time where I am (west of Montreal), so it wasn't unusual. I think one reason is that there is a lot of choice... plenty of nice property. One thing that is sure is that most sellers will sit and wait it out rather than drop early.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:58 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It had dropped from original asking by, well, a lot, by the time we saw it. We went in with a "cheeky" offer, but settled at something like 10% less than asking.
FWIW, I also bought a property which had been on the market a good while when I returned to Canada 15+ years ago. (I still live in it).

The vendors had a completely unrealistic idea of its value when they first listed it and had meanwhile dropped the asking price twice, each time by $50k. After a bit of to and fro, they accepted my final offer another $45K below their last ask.

It's worked out fine for me and my family.

As I said, FWIW.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
FWIW, I also bought a property which had been on the market a good while when I returned to Canada 15+ years ago. (I still live in it).

The vendors had a completely unrealistic idea of its value when they first listed it and had meanwhile dropped the asking price twice, each time by $50k. After a bit of to and fro, they accepted my final offer another $45K below their last ask.

It's worked out fine for me and my family.

As I said, FWIW.
Whats FWIW?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:40 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Whats FWIW?
for what its worth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.