Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Realistic to move in terms of budget??

Realistic to move in terms of budget??

Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

samnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realistic to move in terms of budget??

Good evening guys!

Well the interview went very well. It was really more of an informal informative chat :-)

So we found out that his NOC code is 7261 which puts him in skill level B (yay!) Hubby would go out first to get hiw TWP on entry and as long as he & thecompany are happy, we would follow.
They also arrange my OWP for me to get on entry. Both of which are for two years.
Once he has worked there a year he will have "canadian experience" (express entry was also mentioned) and they then want him to apply for PR. They pay for the cost of the PR application and also do all the paperwork. We asked about the 'proof of funds' needed for the PR application and they said we wouldnt need it as he would have a permanent job offer.
The benefits package (which also covers a lot more stuff) is completely covered by the company

They asked us if we had a preference as to where we might want to go and we said Calgary. After having a very in depth conversation about ourselves and what we enjoy doing, they said Calgary sounds like the perfect place for us :-) Although if we were to find that we werent happy there, they can transfer to other branches. They put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they want us to be happy where we go as they want us to stay.

Normally I can find a critisism somewhere but to be honest, they seemed very genuine and honest. We learned a lot about the company, how there has come to be such a gap in the skilled workforce and how much work they had to do with the goverment to be able to bring foreign workers in. They made it clear they werent interested in people coming over for a jolly, working for a year and then clearing off somewhere else.

Thats all I can think of right now... its been a very tiring day lol
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:35 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! So are they actually going to offer him a job?
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations time to get excited. They are correct that you won't need prove of funds if your working on a LMIA.

Having the job supported by the LMIA means you get 600 points for the EE profile so you won't actually need to wait a year for the 35 points for a years work experience.

My guess is the one year is more of a period to see
If it works out.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:03 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Congratulations time to get excited. They are correct that you won't need prove of funds if your working on a LMIA.

Having the job supported by the LMIA means you get 600 points for the EE profile so you won't actually need to wait a year for the 35 points for a years work experience.

My guess is the one year is more of a period to see
If it works out.
It has been mine and Withabix's experience that you do need proof of funds. We were asked for them and so was Withabix. We both came through Express Entry, we had a job backed by LMIA and over a year in experience. Still required by CIC though.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

samnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond reputesamnlee has a reputation beyond repute

Lol I ought to have mentioned that he wasnt actually offered the job. They emphasised how much they needed people a lot and when we went back to the immigration officer she said she had had good feedback from the manager that had conducted the "interview" part and although they wouldnt have any decisions until after they return to canada on 2nd Feb she recommended that my hubby renew his passport as it only has a year left on it. Im not jumping to conclusions but they very much gave us the feeling that we ought to prepare. Obviously he might not get the job!

The immigration lady told us she was a legal immigration officer able to represent us in court, I would hope she knows what shes talking about but she gave me her direct email for any questions so I will query her on the proof of funds thing, thanks.

They recommend he goes over for 3 months to make sure he is happy with the job, that the company are happy with him, that he thinks we would be happy in our choice of area etc before we follow. Hubbys not happy about coming over on his own though! lol

They gave us a usb with a brochure about canada, more info about the company as well us other stuff we will need for the immigration process. They really seemed to know what they were doing and were very organised, lovely people too :-)
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:11 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnlee
Lol I ought to have mentioned that he wasnt actually offered the job. They emphasised how much they needed people a lot and when we went back to the immigration officer she said she had had good feedback from the manager that had conducted the "interview" part and although they wouldnt have any decisions until after they return to canada on 2nd Feb she recommended that my hubby renew his passport as it only has a year left on it. Im not jumping to conclusions but they very much gave us the feeling that we ought to prepare. Obviously he might not get the job!

The immigration lady told us she was a legal immigration officer able to represent us in court, I would hope she knows what shes talking about but she gave me her direct email for any questions so I will query her on the proof of funds thing, thanks.

They recommend he goes over for 3 months to make sure he is happy with the job, that the company are happy with him, that he thinks we would be happy in our choice of area etc before we follow. Hubbys not happy about coming over on his own though! lol

They gave us a usb with a brochure about canada, more info about the company as well us other stuff we will need for the immigration process. They really seemed to know what they were doing and were very organised, lovely people too :-)
Do email her, but the problem is that Express Entry is only a year old and only those who were working in the country already scored enough to get selected in initial rounds so it's doubtful they/she has much experience in this area. Yes, according to the old FSW route to PR if you have a job you "shouldn't" need proof of funds but like I said people on this forum have experience of this not actually being true. Ultimately CIC hold the cards and decide what they do want and need.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can easily check that the lady you spoke to is a licensed immigration consultant and able to represent you by looking on the ICCRC website. Search

Hopefully her name's on there, although sone of her info is a bit odd tbh!

HTH.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
It has been mine and Withabix's experience that you do need proof of funds. We were asked for them and so was Withabix. We both came through Express Entry, we had a job backed by LMIA and over a year in experience. Still required by CIC though.
It seems that it's a requirement when you do your Express Entry application but may or may not be required depending on the class that you are invited to apply under. It says that you have the option to upload a letter stating that you are not required to supply proof of funds due to you a) working in Canada and with a valid job offer (with LMIA) or b) applying under CEC.

Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?

Also from the manual:
Settlement funds

Settlement funds are not included in the CRS. They do, however, relate to the program requirements of FSWC and FSTC and may, by extension, be included in the MEC for Express Entry.

Candidates applying under the FSWC or the FSTC are required to meet the settlement funds requirement, unless they are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a qualifying offer of arranged employment from an employer in Canada.
Express Entry: Assessing an electronic application on section A11.2

Attached Thumbnails Realistic to move in terms of budget??-proof-funds.jpg  

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 27th 2016 at 8:22 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:15 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It seems that it's a requirement when you do your Express Entry application but may or may not be required depending on the class that you are invited to apply under.

So the OP will definitely need the proof of funds when putting in the application, after that it's anybody's guess.

Mm but we came in under FSW, Withabix under CEC. We were asked to supply six months worth of bank statements.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It seems that it's a requirement when you do your Express Entry application but may or may not be required depending on the class that you are invited to apply under. It says that you have the option to upload a letter stating that you are not required to supply proof of funds due to you a) working in Canada and with a valid job offer (with LMIA) or b) applying under CEC.

So the OP will likely need the proof of funds when putting in the application, after that it's anybody's guess.

None of that seems to be actually being put in to practice though - I know of an awful lot of people that have had to provide POF despite meeting the criteria in that link. It seems POF is a requirement for all now.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:22 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
None of that seems to be actually being put in to practice though - I know of an awful lot of people that have had to provide POF despite meeting the criteria in that link. It seems POF is a requirement for all now.
We met all those requirements and then some. It doesn't help newcomers when anecdotal evidence contradicts what "CIC" say. Op, I would definitely ensure you have the money if you intend to apply for PR. If he even gets the job, and you take it etc etc
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

If I read the attachment correctly, then we wouldnt have to provide proof of funds as he would have a valid permanent job offer?

Which bit of info is a bit odd? Please explain...
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Mm but we came in under FSW, Withabix under CEC. We were asked to supply six months worth of bank statements.
But did you have a valid job offer as well as authorisation to work - you need both to get around the proof of funds requirement. Did you upload an explanatory document, or did they require it regardless after receiving it?

Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not according to the manual.

I suspect some people may not aware they can upload a document showing that they are not required to have proof of funds as they have an application under CEC (or whichever) AND they have an authorisation to work in Canada AND they have a valid job offer.

It seems that CIC don't know what their left hand is doing half the time!

Edited to add:
Under the FSWC and the CEC, a job offer is considered to be a “qualifying offer of arranged employment” if it is for continuous, paid, full-time work that is permanent, non-seasonal and in skill type 0 or skill levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) matrix, and if it meets one of the following two conditions:

the employer making the job offer has a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA); or
the candidate
is currently working in Canada in a NOC Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA,
is working for an employer listed on the work permit,
is authorized to work in Canada when submitting their application and when the visa is issued, and
has received a job offer from their employer for a full-time, non-seasonal, indeterminate job in NOC Skill Type 0, A or B if accepted as a permanent resident.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 27th 2016 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Just checked and her name is on the list.... she also told us that over thepast 5 years they have brought in 250 foreign workers around 60 of which are already permanent residents , almost everyone else is at some stage in the process. Theyre going to a lot of effort (and cost) to come over here and conduct interviews all over the country if they dont know what they are doing.

Im not disregarding any of your info or experiences but they seem to have done this a lot?

Last edited by samnlee; Jan 27th 2016 at 8:31 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.