Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RE Fingers Crossed!!

RE Fingers Crossed!!

Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold
Default RE Fingers Crossed!!

I can highly recommend asking for good thoughts/karma etc. on this forum. We had two viewings on our house on the same day (the only viewings we have had I might add) and asked everyone to keep their fingers crossed for us. It worked!! One really wanted it but after viewing realized we wouldn't go for the very silly and insulting offer she intended to make. The other couple made a firm offer which we initially declined as it was also low. After much debate between ourselves and our agent (who is a friend and knows our situation) we decided we would accept it after all. Bird in the hand and all that. We are losing a fair amount of money (and I don't mean profit) but if we don't sell now and the prices continue to go down, we will lose even more. Plus, will we even get another offer that's any better? We love this house and living here but the job is now in Calgary so needs must. My husband and I also want to be able to live together again. We have been apart now for 6 months and that is too long.

I get very nervous that the whole thing is going to fall apart so please everyone, keep those fingers crossed for us and hopefully I will be in Calgary soon!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: RE Fingers Crossed!!

Best of luck - hope it all goes through smoothly and you get to Calgary v.soon. Six months apart is difficult for sure

Similar situation here in that we accepted an offer last week. It was over 30K less than we'd originally hoped...but, they weren't in a chain and we'd had it on the market some time. The offer gives us enough to move on and do what we want in Ontario. You just have to weigh up what' s best for you overall.

Although it's a buyers' market and many of us have had to be realistic on pricing, it's positive as the market does seem to be picking up at the moment.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:54 am
In limbo!

Sleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really niceSleeping_Beauty45 is just really nice

We are in exactly the same position and I completely empathise with how nerve wracking it is.

Hope your sale goes through for you.

Good luck.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Same here 1chumly. We are also in similar position if you read my post on house valuation. I hope yours will go through smoothly as well.

We're also keeping our fingers crossed that our prospective buyer won't pull out. Our house has now been pulled out of our EA ad. website as it has been considered sold in principle (subject to contract). We are preparing to compromise so long this deal would go through as we can't afford to start all over again.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold1chumly is a splendid one to behold

I have read the thread and it seems like there are quite a few of us in the same boat. Not much fun is it? We are waiting for our buyers financials to be verified before we take it off the market. They say they are ready to go and they have no chain so hopefully there will be no problems. I have to deal with the shipping of household goods, the dog and me next! I just want it all to be over so we can get on with it. It seems like constant stress for the past six months and with the illness and loss of my mother and my two cats, I am ready to move on.

Lets hope we all have something to look forward to and can soon put the worry behind us. Onwards and upwards as they say!