Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RC66 SCH E - CCTB application

RC66 SCH E - CCTB application

Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice
Default RC66 SCH E - CCTB application

Hi - looking for some advice on completing this form...

- We activated our PR in April 2011 and then returned to the UK 2 weeks later (at this point I had no residential ties in Canada), I've put this date in 'Part B - Residency status'.

- We moved permanently in July 2011, I've entered this date in 'Part D - Immigration Status'.

- I've given UK earned income for 2011 (7 months worth).

- I've given full year income for 2009 & 2010 (Jan-Dec)

2 questions...

1. Why on earth do they need to know income from the UK (especially the 2 years prior to immigration)?

2. What is the date I'm likely to receive CCTB from (i.e. how far will they back date it)?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RC66 SCH E - CCTB application

Originally Posted by stokesey
Hi - looking for some advice on completing this form...

- We activated our PR in April 2011 and then returned to the UK 2 weeks later (at this point I had no residential ties in Canada), I've put this date in 'Part B - Residency status'.

- We moved permanently in July 2011, I've entered this date in 'Part D - Immigration Status'.

- I've given UK earned income for 2011 (7 months worth).

- I've given full year income for 2009 & 2010 (Jan-Dec)

2 questions...

1. Why on earth do they need to know income from the UK (especially the 2 years prior to immigration)?

2. What is the date I'm likely to receive CCTB from (i.e. how far will they back date it)?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart
I don't know anything about this form apart from reading it, so please wait for confirmation from others. However, I believe I am correct in the following (and you can watch the video at the end to check).

You were not 'resident' in Canada until you moved here permanently. (This is "resident for tax purposes')

Becoming a resident is not the date that you 'landed' on. The date I believe should go in box "B" is the date you came to live permanently in Canada.

You would therefore put JULY 2011 in part "B".

Part "D" requires the date from which you are claiming from, if you have PR status etc. If you are claiming from the date you became a resident (and not later), then you would put JULY 2011 in part "D"

Step 1) You put the income that was earned in Canada (and UK) in 2011 (the year you became a resident) ** but listen the video as it specifies about income already declared on a tax return. **

Step 2) I believe you put the income that was earned in 2010 from the UK

Step 3) I believe you don't put anything because you were not resident in Canada prior to June 2011, but the video explains!

There's a nifty video on Youtube uploaded be Settlement.org (Govt. approved) that may help you fill it out.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 16th 2013 at 4:28 am. Reason: watched the video :)
Old Apr 16th 2013, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Thanks Siouxie, I've changed the date.

Still curious what the relevance of my earning are for a period that I have no intention of claiming CCTB for.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokesey
Thanks Siouxie, I've changed the date.

Still curious what the relevance of my earning are for a period that I have no intention of claiming CCTB for.
From my limited knowledge based solely on the fact that we have just (in feb) applied. I think they backdate 11 months - for us they have backdated to september 2012 - we arrived in August. They base it on when you became resident, not just when you landed.

The CCTB is paid july to july based on the previous years income - so our payment until this july is based on our UK income from jan - dec 2011.