Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Rascist Police Officers

Rascist Police Officers

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:16 am
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough
Default Rascist Police Officers

Reading this article this morning, in light of what we all read about recently about how the native indians can't get clean water, you will have thought this is the last thing someone will want to come up with

Also it was only a few weeks ago this officers were demonstrating asking for a better contract and more pay. I thought police officers had to go through behavioural training as part of their hiring process?

If the culprits are caught, I think they should be dismissed from the police, because it's one of those jobs where you can't afford to be a rascist really. Read the article below

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ational/Canada
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rascist Police Officers

Does it make you racist to read an e mail?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bobhope
Does it make you racist to read an e mail?
Did you actually read the article? It says that it came from inside the police force
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

just because of an e mail you want someone sacked! It might not be appropriate but lets face it we all laugh at strange things, I remember lots about the space shuttle, not nice but amusing none the less. We all make fun about things it helps keep us lighthearted, would hate to be serious all the time.
Now if there is other evidence that corroborates these officers being racist, fine get em out, but an E mail..........
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:42 pm
Banned

just because of an e mail you want someone sacked! It might not be appropriate but lets face it we all laugh at strange things, I remember lots about the space shuttle, not nice but amusing none the less. We all make fun about things it helps keep us lighthearted, would hate to be serious all the time.
Now if there is other evidence that corroborates these officers being racist, fine get em out, but an E mail..........

It will be interesting to have a native come along, and tell us what they think about it really, perhaps they might or not find it funny
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

There are jobs where it may be "ok" to have this sort of laugh, but in the context of the RCMP's terrible record in dealing with first nations it needs dealing with. What do you want to do wait until they are caught beating up some poor dude.
The humour for the listener in these sorts of jokes is the perception that there is some truth in these stereotypes.
I would not want to be stopped by a cop who perhaps thought all Ex-pat Brits where violent bear swilling chavs and passed on jokes about it.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by finallygotout
It will be interesting to have a native come along, and tell us what they think about it really, perhaps they might or not find it funny

I'll show this to my husband who married a native and whose three children are natives and whose two sisters married natives and whose children are all natives.

The stories I've heard from all of them would curl your hair and it happens from NS to BC and everywhere inbetween.

Perhaps he or his son will answer you.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hudman
There are jobs where it may be "ok" to have this sort of laugh, but in the context of the RCMP's terrible record in dealing with first nations it needs dealing with. What do you want to do wait until they are caught beating up some poor dude.
The humour for the listener in these sorts of jokes is the perception that there is some truth in these stereotypes.
I would not want to be stopped by a cop who perhaps thought all Ex-pat Brits where violent bear swilling chavs and passed on jokes about it.
At least someone sees it from a different view. I wouldn't want to be stopped either by these cops who might have the stereotypes you mentioned there, who know what might happen by the time they realize that is not the case? :scared:
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:43 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hudman
Exactly. The fact that an email that is racist towards Aboriginal people can even circulate is symptomatic of the racism that exists in the various police forces in Canada.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:33 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

And the fact people call groups of other people names is systomatic of the shitty human race. Go figure humans are not nice to each other.

I bet if you ask any group to say nice things about the police they won't and if their comments were true then their would be a lot of dead people in the world.

So before you go being a policist ( anti ALL police) remember you very existense depends on the enforcement they bring.

---------------------------------------------------

How many of you have laughed at a joke about some ones size, hair colour, being irish or polish or old or young........

Then you are nothing but "anti ists" and are a huge burden on society.
So unless the joke is about yourself then I would stop laughing if I was you.

Funny how the first people to get stones thrown at are always the police even when the real problem is between different groups.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

So before you go being a policist ( anti ALL police) remember you very existense depends on the enforcement they bring.
Only because the police have disarmed the rest of us, and pretty much made self defence a crime... while they ignore crimes like burglary in order to sit at the side of the road looking for cars with expired tax disks. For all I know the Canadian police are great, but I have no respect left at all for those in the UK.

And if I remember correctly, one town in America had a police strike a few years ago... during which crime rates reportedly went _down_.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:34 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Only because the police have disarmed the rest of us, and pretty much made self defence a crime... while they ignore crimes like burglary in order to sit at the side of the road looking for cars with expired tax disks. For all I know the Canadian police are great, but I have no respect left at all for those in the UK.

And if I remember correctly, one town in America had a police strike a few years ago... during which crime rates reportedly went _down_.

Having been burgled 5 times and my parents 6 times the police caught 3 of them couldn't return any property but when we had a number of burglaries in our street I saw some jump a six foot wall call ed the police and 10 of them rush out of van cars and bushes. Turned out to be a neighbours brother picking up a parcel. But it's not possible to due everything with the little taxes you pay for them.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Yea...and make mine a double! (6 X )

Was going to say a double 'Scotch'...but no doubt that would be regarded by some as 'Rasist' too....
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

Why the F%@k put the energy into posting, try post on " Sod the rest of the country as long as my white arse is OK".
Its just this attitude that led to the Stephen Lawrence fiasco back home. Which incidentally led to the worst moral the met had seen for a long time.
Which also led to large sections of society losing trust in the service, which probably led to more disenfranchised youths not giving a toss about a society that had now validated what they already knew about the police/society.
So IMHO it aint no yawn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.