British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   rain rain and more rain, in Ontario, allegedly (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/rain-rain-more-rain-ontario-allegedly-561335/)

geedee Sep 13th 2008 11:54 am

Re: rain rain and more rain, in Ontario, allegedly

It was supposed to be raining here (Montreal) today, but it didn't. In fact it was like a perfect UK summer's day! Not humid, about 23C, bright sunshine.

Aaahh.

Rob4BC Sep 13th 2008 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus (Post 6780734)
we have brought in some potplants and put others in the porch, dont want them to be battered down.

Wow, you have settled into the Canadian way of life! :rofl:

Rob;)

fuschiagirl Sep 13th 2008 3:23 pm

It's not raining on Vancouver Island;):)

mandymoochops Sep 13th 2008 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by fuschiagirl (Post 6781385)
It's not raining on Vancouver Island;):)

Nor here in Drum - its actually a lovely night! :wub:

Coffeepot Sep 13th 2008 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 6781468)
Nor here in Drum - its actually a lovely night! :wub:

You can keep the rain over there its gorgeous here in GB for a change :thumbsup:

compchris Sep 13th 2008 11:30 pm

Clouded over late yesterday afternoon and been raining most of the night - still is now...

Kriss

Biiiiink Sep 14th 2008 1:01 am

Bright this morning, is there more to come? The noise of the rain last night was insane... haven't heard loud bounce-off-window-type rain in a long time. Taking the dog out last night was like stepping into a steam bath :eek:

fledermaus Sep 14th 2008 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Biiiiink (Post 6782315)
Bright this morning, is there more to come? The noise of the rain last night was insane... haven't heard loud bounce-off-window-type rain in a long time. Taking the dog out last night was like stepping into a steam bath :eek:

more rain to come today yes. this time the end of Ike. The weather network says Windsor had the most rain. 7cm
We had some rain last night but not much, we are on a warning for today tho. Its really humid right now.

I like a nice rain storm when you can sit under a porch in the dry and watch it.

purple80 Sep 14th 2008 3:16 am

Overcast and humid in Bolton, we had a lot of rain last night.

sue1959 Sep 14th 2008 5:57 am

If you want some rain I'll gladly send you some. We've had about 4 weeks of decent weather all summer. Luckily people expect Ireland to be green and misty!!!! Mind you was talking to a guy from Adelaide and he was loving the rain as he'd left 42 degrees in Oz. He was the one walking round in a T shirt and everyone else was in raincoats!

compchris Sep 14th 2008 3:07 pm

I'm sat in my office in Ottawa and its just started raining again... In the car park opposite a motocycle club runs courses on Sundays, they nearly made it through the whole afternoon wihtout getting wet, right until they were putting the kit away - there was a 10 minute downpour and they got soaked! Poor guys...

XCMTBer Sep 14th 2008 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by compchris (Post 6783886)
I'm sat in my office in Ottawa and its just started raining again... In the car park opposite a motocycle club runs courses on Sundays, they nearly made it through the whole afternoon wihtout getting wet, right until they were putting the kit away - there was a 10 minute downpour and they got soaked! Poor guys...

This was not near Brookstreet Hotel? Saw the bike training there at lunchtime!

printer Sep 14th 2008 3:47 pm

Picture perfect weather in the Okanagan all weekend, no clouds at all just blue skies and sunshine with highs of 29 degrees i beleive.
Made the camping and white water rafting all the more enjoyable. :p

johnh009 Sep 14th 2008 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by fledermaus (Post 6780315)
We have heard various weather forecasts for the weekend threatening doom and gloom. A tropical depression and the tail end of Ike mean that we may have shed loads of rain, up to 3 inches this weekend

Has it started yet down your way?? Windsor, London??

Its a big concern here in Pbro as a few years ago there was huge flooding after a downpour and the city drains couldnt cope.

My lawn has never looked as good at this time of year.

mkmurrays Sep 14th 2008 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by printer (Post 6783927)
Picture perfect weather in the Okanagan all weekend, no clouds at all just blue skies and sunshine with highs of 29 degrees i beleive.
Made the camping and white water rafting all the more enjoyable. :p

Sounds good printer.

We enjoyed the weather too...due to last til at least the end of next week......had friends staying so used it as an excuse to do the wine tasting tour........

How's you?