Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quote from Nova Scotia Company for Shipping

Quote from Nova Scotia Company for Shipping

Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quote from Nova Scotia Company for Shipping

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Are you with UK2NovaScotia?
No. He's with me. Both living in Fall River (how dare we!!), working jobs with no secret links attached to being realtors, relocators, or anything. Just trying to help potential immigrants traverse the minefield of what you could get tangled up in.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:53 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
No. He's with me. Both living in Fall River (how dare we!!), working jobs with no secret links attached to being realtors, relocators, or anything. Just trying to help potential immigrants traverse the minefield of what you could get tangled up in.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

So why be so negative when a post offering a great rate is posted without checking it out for yourself first?

You could have PM'd me, I would have given you his email, he would have confirmed the rates and you could have come back and said, well, yes, he's absolutely right and there's no catch, she's just being helpful, well I never.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:54 pm
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

As you put the quote information in a new thread (instead of replying to someone requesting the information), I think many see this as enticement- especially considering your business interests linked to new immigrants in Nova Scotia (as evidenced by your posts and presence on this forum).

The "contact me for details" gives the impression the intent of your post is to initiate personal contact and familiarity with people planning to move to NS. I don't think people are being cynical in their replies, more a case that they see the op's post as solicitation.

So why be so negative when a post offering a great rate is posted without checking it out for yourself first?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You could have PM'd me, I would have given you his email, he would have confirmed the rates and you could have come back and said, well, yes, he's absolutely right and there's no catch, she's just being helpful, well I never.
Is the shipping company paying you a commission for referrals?

Is that quoted rate for freight only after it lands in NS?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

No referral commission - realtor's in Nova Scotia are not allowed to get referral fees from other professionals (except with brokerages in the course of their work).

Please feel free to contact them for confirmation.

No, my request to them was for a rate from the UK to the North Shore, NS - contact them to confrim details.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

In response to the information given by OTBO I'd like to say thanks it's useful to know!

But I must say I'm a bit taken back by the negativity shown by some of the other posters - whats the problem? Chill!

If OTBO is a realtor, so what? There are other posters here who have B&B's and also make commission from car hire etc. who also use the forum looking for possible customers. I thought it was called networking! I personally have no problem with it.

I don't believe it's any different to people posting on other forums who advertise their own websites in their signature link usually selling items related to the forum subject. They are usually very knowledgeable about their subject. You don't have to buy from them - you have a choice.

Anyway I don't want to get into any warfare here, so perhaps I should just go and get my glass of Chardonnay whilst I can still afford it
Lynpy
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Read the site rules.

Originally Posted by lynpy
In response to the information given by OTBO I'd like to say thanks it's useful to know!

But I must say I'm a bit taken back by the negativity shown by some of the other posters - whats the problem? Chill!

If OTBO is a realtor, so what? There are other posters here who have B&B's and also make commission from car hire etc. who also use the forum looking for possible customers. I thought it was called networking! I personally have no problem with it.

I don't believe it's any different to people posting on other forums who advertise their own websites in their signature link usually selling items related to the forum subject. They are usually very knowledgeable about their subject. You don't have to buy from them - you have a choice.

Anyway I don't want to get into any warfare here, so perhaps I should just go and get my glass of Chardonnay whilst I can still afford it
Lynpy
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Read the site rules.
I have!
But I guess any blatant advertising must have been removed before I read the posts

Anyway I'm not taking sides, it's just an observation as there are other people on this site promoting their businesses who don't seem to get the same grief!

Now I'm going to chill with my glass of wine - perhaps I should make it the bottle,.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:33 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

$1500 FCL from UK to Halifax all in? Where's the flying pig smiley?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

All I said was that I had a *bed Tee-Pee for s*** in the Mi'kmaq thread - it was a joke.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
$1500 FCL from UK to Halifax all in? Where's the flying pig smiley?
Neil West
Sales Partner
Premiere/Atlas Van Lines
Atlantic Region

902-499-2388 Mon-Sun 9-9
800-465-0000 ext 225
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Neil West
Sales Partner
Premiere/Atlas Van Lines
Atlantic Region

902-499-2388 Mon-Sun 9-9
800-465-0000 ext 225
But apparently we still need the secret 'email' info to get the good deal. Why are they doing a good deal via you, and not just if anyone calls directly?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paradisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really niceParadisefound is just really nice

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Bull S**t!

3 years ago I paid over 3000GBP for the same service. Every quote Ive ever seen discussed on this board has been around the same price.

I feel another ploy to engage vulnerable new comers maybe looking for a property?
Yes noticed this too, so thought I would get some quotes from this end and this one came out on top.

Have you checked to see for yourself if it is bull s**t!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep as I thought, Bull S**t. Need your secret club pass word. Maybe If I use your sevices you might be able to share it with me....go on pleeeeaase

Originally Posted by Paradisefound
Yes noticed this too, so thought I would get some quotes from this end and this one came out on top.

Have you checked to see for yourself if it is bull s**t!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.