quorn ?

Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:38 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool quorn ?

hi everyone, mrs arniedog is one of those strange veggie types and we were wondering does anyone know where/if you can buy quorn. we have looked in our aera but cant seem to find it, we are in cambridge ontario. thanks
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quorn ?

Think the USA, quorn not licensed for Canada think there was an issue with how quorn licensed. Found alternative in superstore not as good as quorn but ok onced cooked in whatever I am cooking?

Yves products come to mind

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Mar 12th 2013 at 10:59 am. Reason: Add
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:12 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Think the USA, quorn not licensed for Canada think there was an issue with how quorn licensed. Found alternative in superstore not as good as quorn but ok onced cooked in whatever I am cooking?

Yves products come to mind
Isn't the issue simply that the Canadian government doesn't recognize it as being a food? It's possibly the only policy of the government post-Chretien that makes any sense to me.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Isn't the issue simply that the Canadian government doesn't recognize it as being a food? It's possibly the only policy of the government post-Chretien that makes any sense to me.
My understanding is the advert that it is a mushroom growth when really it is a mould and the company refused to change it's advertising
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:10 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Considering some of the stuff sold here, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Cheese curds? Not Croutons but something spelled like it? Poutine?

Curious, I bought a little salt pork to try once. Smelled foul and went straight in the bin.

And what's the point of that bit of pork fat in a tin of baked beans? I saw beans and pork on the tin once and assumed it was pork sausage and beans - like in the UK.

Who wants a squidgy bit of fat?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:43 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

No Quorn in Canada. Tofu or the Yves products. there is a brand called Gardein that has just made it to central alberta and my daughter quite likes the Tofurkey products, she prefers Gardein and Tofurkey to the Yves products, I prefer meat
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:50 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Pretty much as I thought, no quorn. So as its not recogised as a food there shouldnt be a problem if visitors bring some over for us in their luggage...should there ?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:54 pm
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

There was a similar discussion about this. Apparently it's sold in the states so you might be able to buy it there if you go cross border shopping.

My order of preference is Quron, Tofurkey, St. Yves products.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

jaminsk1 will become famous soon enough

I was lead to believe that it wasn't allowed due to the amount of people who are sensitive / allergic to it?

I had some bad reactions to it when eating it in the UK (violently sick etc) and when I did some research I was told it wasn't uncommon and that some places didn't allow it because of the risks - Canada was one of them.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 6:41 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

thought it was a new line in royal jazz mags
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaminsk1
...bad reactions...violently sick etc....
Just thinking about poutine does the same with me.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:58 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

You have to go states side for quorum and even then the range is fairly pitiful!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

The Quorn range in the states isn't that bad, you can get the chicken style burgers which I like. Not all stores stock it, but Target does.
Here's a pic I took in Target in Bellingham, WA a year or so ago:

Also...
Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
quorum
Originally Posted by jandro
Quron
Some autocorrect issues?

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Mar 13th 2013 at 3:02 am.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:19 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
The Quorn range in the states isn't that bad, you can get the chicken style burgers which I like. Not all stores stock it, but Target does.
Here's a pic I took in Target in Bellingham, WA a year or so ago:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1964/quornusa.jpg

Also...

Some autocorrect issues?
Lol