Reload this Page >

A quick question for Andrew Millar

A quick question for Andrew Millar

Old Jul 25th 2002, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

jamiehinchliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A quick question for Andrew Millar

Thanks for answering my question about the cousin Andrew,

Could you just answer me one more question...

The reason I'm Applying to become a PR in Canada is because
my girlfriend moves back after studying in the UK in 12 months
time (she is a Canadian citizen). I don't manage the 75
points (67) unless i arrange a job but i'm unlikely to be able to
get a job if the employer has to wait 1-2 years before I can
start and if i do It is a risk that they will retract the offer after
I apply.

Would It be better for me to try and get a temp work permit
and then apply for PR whilst in canada, In this time I would
probably have lived with my girlfriend for 12months and therefore
she would be my common law partner?? or does it not work like
that.

I really appreciate your replys, I'm in a bit of worry at the thought
of not being able to move with my girlfriend when she returns to
Canada.

Thanks

Jamie
Old Jul 25th 2002, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

kurler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A quick question for Andrew Millar

Hi jamiehinchliffe, I live in Winnipeg Manitoba in Canada and common law here is just 3 months - although it does apply to canadian citizens only. Get ingaged (if you really love each other) immigration would be easier, otherwise try and apply under a provincial immigration program, in Manitoba you only need 55 points, Saskatchewan 60 points, Newfoundland 40 points. The only probles is that if you qualify for a provincial program you have to live in that province for 2-3 years but then you are a canadian citizen who is free to live in canada where ever. Check out www.instant-canada.com as it will assess you against all provincial immigration programs at once (i think there are over 10 provincial immigration programs) or go to each provinces website and search for immigration. Good luck and remember the new federal critera (75 points) are tougher and because of that, this makes immigration provincially easier, which is the plan to help settle immigrants in canada in less dense populated areas.
Good luck
Old Jul 25th 2002, 6:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Of course that it would be a much better scenario, as long as you can manage to get
such offer and obtain work permit. Go for it.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"jamiehinchliffe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for answering my question about the cousin Andrew,
    >
    > Could you just answer me one more question...
    >
    > The reason I'm Applying to become a PR in Canada is because my girlfriend moves
    > back after studying in the UK in 12 months time (she is a Canadian citizen). I
    > don't manage the 75 points (67) unless i arrange a job but i'm unlikely to be able
    > to get a job if the employer has to wait 1-2 years before I can start and if i do
    > It is a risk that they will retract the offer after I apply.
    >
    > Would It be better for me to try and get a temp work permit and then apply for PR
    > whilst in canada, In this time I would probably have lived with my girlfriend for
    > 12months and therefore she would be my common law partner?? or does it not work
    > like that.
    >
    > I really appreciate your replys, I'm in a bit of worry at the thought of not being
    > able to move with my girlfriend when she returns to Canada.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jamie
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 25th 2002, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

it will cost you about 1200 USD for this company to find you employment http://www.employment-solutions.ca this company deals specifically within the provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Old Jul 25th 2002, 7:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Provincial Nominee Programs provide less than 1% of immigrants as the annual number
of certificates to be issued is very limited (the largest number is Manitoba -
currently a 1,000 certificates per year). After new federal rules have been announced
back in December tens of thousands of applicants started switching their focus from
the federal process to PNPs and now all of those programs have received more
applications than they can handle for next several years. For example Manitoba just
in first 3 months of this year received more than 10,000 applications...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"kurler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi jamiehinchliffe, I live in Winnipeg Manitoba in Canada and common law here is
    > just 3 months - although it does apply to canadian citizens only. Get ingaged (if
    > you really love each other) immigration would be easier, otherwise try and apply
    > under a provincial immigration program, in Manitoba you only need 55 points,
    > Saskatchewan 60 points, Newfoundland 40 points. The only probles is that if you
    > qualify for a provincial program you have to live in that province for 2-3 years
    > but then you are a canadian citizen who is free to live in canada where ever. Check
    > out www.instant-canada.com as it will assess you against all provincial immigration
    > programs at once (i think there are over 10 provincial immigration programs) or go
    > to each provinces website and search for immigration. Good luck and remember the
    > new federal critera (75 points) are tougher and because of that, this makes
    > immigration provincially easier, which is the plan to help settle immigrants in
    > canada in less dense populated areas. Good luck
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 25th 2002, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Manitoba just raised their limit in November to 1200. But if you are a home care technition you can forget teh points system in Manitoba and apply as a nurse's aid, and those jobs are greatly need in the community of winnipeg, for example i know an employment agency that recieved a job order for 40 nurses from a local hospital, now he has 40 job offers for immigrants of that experience (over 6 months) ** there are other ways ---> if you want to talk to the employment agency that i just spoke of then do: www.employment-solutions.ca