Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Questions re British Columbia

Questions re British Columbia

Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions re British Columbia

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Get with the program lady, we got forests full of um here in BC/WA:

http://zapatopi.net/bsa/

Breaking news: Iran has built a nuclear weapon. People are very afraid. GWB is listening to his 'advisors' at prayertime. something must be done.

Rich.
uh oh please dont give my name to the Sasquatch militia.

I will get with the program promise.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:03 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perry Groves

...the lesser spotted fighting marmot, is it bad tempered?
Wouldn't you be with a name like that.

Lesser you know that means they always have to fight for recognition, everybody thinks they are just smaller and less dangerous, yada yada yada.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:10 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Lesser you know that means they always have to fight for recognition, everybody thinks they are just smaller and less dangerous, yada yada yada.
An attitude caused by small marmot syndrome. Contrary to urban myth, they do not have ginger fur.

Rich.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:15 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
No one told me about a Tree Octopus?
They wouldn't, would they ? Not to be mentioned in any glossy tourist brochure, photo's attached were taken in the depths of the little-known Emerald Forest located east of Seattle, WA.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Questions re British Columbia-sighting_ican.jpg   Questions re British Columbia-sighting_sugaroctopus.jpg  
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey,

I was going to suggest eating the Octopi but those darn Sasquatch would beat me to it I'll wager
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:43 pm
The Tweeds

the tweeds is an unknown quantity at this point

There are all sorts, rattlesnakes, black widow, brown recluse spider, tarantula down south near to US border, black bear, grizzly bear, wolf, coyote, cougar. Then there is the Pacific NorthWest Sasquatch, fresh water ogopogo, burrowing death lice, killer bees, lesser spotted fighting marmot, and the rare but very poisonous tree octopus. Snow otters and ice weasels in winter (not a problem if you wear big boots). Not forgetting the western pine beetle which is eating most every tree in BC right as I type.

Come to BC, it's awesome.

Rich.
Never mind your creative list, just tell me what you're on I want some....!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:51 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

They wouldn't, would they ? Not to be mentioned in any glossy tourist brochure, photo's attached were taken in the depths of the little-known Emerald Forest located east of Seattle, WA.

Rich.
Wow, it looks like its related to the peanutbutterandjellyfish.

Last edited by iaink; Feb 6th 2007 at 8:53 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:53 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by the tweeds
Never mind your creative list, just tell me what you're on I want some....!!!!
Just naturally high on life bro.
Come to BC, the feeling is contagious BC's not a place, it's a state of mind.

* Sadly I was deadly serious about the pine beetle.
This plague is destroying our beautiful province:
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfp/mountai...etle/facts.htm
http://mpb.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/biology/introduction_e.html
http://mpb.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/biology/i...redvalley1.jpg

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Feb 6th 2007 at 8:57 pm.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:58 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by iaink
Wow, it looks like its related to the peanutbutterandjellyfish.
Did you misspell that critter [edit].

Rich.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:13 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
We have one of them in Alberta.
OI
Stop picking on Scotty.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:43 pm

Equally sad is the fact that the beetle has now crossed the mountains a lot sooner than expected and is ravaging the forests of the eastern slopes in Alberta now.

There is a general consensus that if it can't be stopped in Alberta it could spread right across the country.

Steve
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:46 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Equally sad is the fact that the beetle has now crossed the mountains a lot sooner than expected and is ravaging the forests of the eastern slopes in Alberta now.

There is a general consensus that if it can't be stopped in Alberta it could spread right across the country.

Steve
I've heard the Alberta Alliance saying its an evil plot on the part of Ottawa and the damned Frenchies.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:59 pm
Lotus-eater

Ooh. Does it eat tumbleweed too

Rich.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:12 pm

Ooh. Does it eat tumbleweed too
Is that an attempt at humour or do you really not believe that there is forest that stretches right across the country.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:16 pm
Banned

Is that an attempt at humour or do you really not believe that there is forest that stretches right across the country.
I'll be honest, and until the beginning of December I didnt realise there was Forest in Northern Saskatchewan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.