Reload this Page >

Questions around car ownership Mississauga, Ontario

Questions around car ownership Mississauga, Ontario

Old Apr 8th 2016, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

stuartgreig1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions around car ownership Mississauga, Ontario

Originally Posted by Souvy
Heated seats are great, although it's best not to fart because you can never be quite sure whether or not you followed through.
Made me
Old Apr 8th 2016, 8:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Ahh, mines not a woody, it is a turbo though and I still love it. It also does not play Celine Dion.
Nor is mine. And I wish to state for the record that I have never travelled the 427 in dbd33's passenger seat.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 1:23 am
Banned

veggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh, mines not a woody, it is a turbo though and I still love it. It also does not play Celine Dion.
My point....she was the face of the car commercial. Don't see many of them on the road anymore as they don't make it. It also is on the list of "ugliest cars" top by this one, the Aztek

Old Apr 9th 2016, 5:27 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

You see plenty of 'em around here still, not so many turbo's though and very very few woody's. Usually driven by younger drivers now as they are in the younger drivers price ranges.

As for being ugly, that is a personal taste thing, I mean some people find these cars attractive, I think they are god awful ugly.https://www.google.ca/search?q=1975+...o6gxJbRY9EM%3A
Old Apr 9th 2016, 8:27 am
Banned

You see plenty of 'em around here still, not so many turbo's though and very very few woody's. Usually driven by younger drivers now as they are in the younger drivers price ranges.

As for being ugly, that is a personal taste thing, I mean some people find these cars attractive, I think they are god awful ugly.https://www.google.ca/search?q=1975+...o6gxJbRY9EM%3A
Definition of "younger drivers"? I doubt the Honda civic demographic will like to be seen in that thing. I concur with the Corvette point, and same goes for the Camaro and Mustang. These are cars that pretentious folks that can't afford a Porsche, Ferrari or a Bugatti drive
Old Apr 9th 2016, 8:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veggies
I concur with the Corvette point, and same goes for the Camaro and Mustang. These are cars that pretentious folks that can't afford a Porsche, Ferrari or a Bugatti drive
They're also cheap convertibles in a market which offers little choice of cheap convertibles. If you want a convertible and don't choose one of those, what are you going to get; a pastel VW Beetle ?
Old Apr 9th 2016, 8:53 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Definition of "younger drivers"? I doubt the Honda civic demographic will like to be seen in that thing. I concur with the Corvette point, and same goes for the Camaro and Mustang. These are cars that pretentious folks that can't afford a Porsche, Ferrari or a Bugatti drive
Just out of interest, what do you drive?
Old Apr 9th 2016, 9:24 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Those that have just passed their tests. Have you seen th prices of classic Camaros and Mustangs? Some of those fetch far more than a Porsche or Ferrari and having driven an older Ferarri I'd rather have a Mustang.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 9:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Those that have just passed their tests. Have you seen th prices of classic Camaros and Mustangs? Some of those fetch far more than a Porsche or Ferrari and having driven an older Ferarri I'd rather have a Mustang.
Here's an older Mustang for sale:

Documented 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350 | Bring a Trailer

It's a hardtop so I'd rather have some models of Ferrari. Not that the need to choose is imminent.

Here's a Bugatti. Well, not a real Bugatti but a close replica:

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/04/08/...5b-recreation/

That is an open car. Still, though, there are better Ferraris.

Last edited by dbd33; Apr 9th 2016 at 10:11 am.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 11:29 am
Banned

Your initial post said..."young people", which is a very vague classification. Some older Posches also fetch a lot more than some poxy American camaro or mustang.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 12:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Your initial post said..."young people", which is a very vague classification. Some older Posches also fetch a lot more than some poxy American camaro or mustang.
I hesitate to potentially insult Piff Poff but the apposite saying here is, Grandmother, Eggs.
Old Apr 9th 2016, 2:32 pm

At a recent auction the cars that fetched over $150k were Mustang, Camero and even, not seen very often a Superbird (one of those is money in the bank), a lambo replical was around $65k, the most expensive Porsche was just over $40k. I am more than aware some Porsches command more than others, but there are very few that would float my boat. At one time we had a bog standard Porsche and a 2.4 L Capri of the same vintage, the Capri blew the Porsche away on both speed and handling and cured any desire I could have had for Porsche. I am also aware there are better and faster models than the one we had

Originally Posted by dbd33
I hesitate to potentially insult Piff Poff but the apposite saying here is, Grandmother, Eggs.
No insult at all, my younger sister is about to become a younger Grandmother