Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Questions around car ownership Mississauga, Ontario

Questions around car ownership Mississauga, Ontario

Old Apr 7th 2016, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

stuartgreig1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions around car ownership Mississauga, Ontario

Just to hijack the thread a bit. I see on a lot of sites that there is a thing called "Car Proof" report. Is this just like a HP check in the UK or is it a mechanical check also?

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2016, 11:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuartgreig1978
Just to hijack the thread a bit. I see on a lot of sites that there is a thing called "Car Proof" report. Is this just like a HP check in the UK or is it a mechanical check also?

Thanks
Carfax and Carproof are services that provide car dealers with documents saying that cars have not been in accidents.

It was -8 with snow this morning. Driving in, it crossed my mind that the discussion of tyres really misses the point. What's really needed in winter is heated seats and the biggest squirter fluid bottle available.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 11:43 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Carfax and Carproof are services that provide car dealers with documents saying that cars have not been in accidents.

It was -8 with snow this morning. Driving in, it crossed my mind that the discussion of tyres really misses the point. What's really needed in winter is heated seats and the biggest squirter fluid bottle available.
and heated windscreens
Old Apr 8th 2016, 12:10 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Heated seats are great, although it's best not to fart because you can never be quite sure whether or not you followed through.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 2:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
Heated seats are great, although it's best not to fart because you can never be quite sure whether or not you followed through.
They're an added expense but bear in mind the only part of you that touches your car is your bum.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 2:29 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

They're an added expense but bear in mind the only part of you that touches your car is your bum.
You must have a strange driving style of you can work the pedals and steering wheel with your arse!
Old Apr 8th 2016, 2:36 am
Assimilated Pauper

You must have a strange driving style of you can work the pedals and steering wheel with your arse!
At Christmas I was at a party where there were a crowd of real farmers, dairy and stud horse farmers, they were talking about trucks and which model to get next. The discussion revolved around different arrangements of heated steering wheels. I suppose that once you get into the $90,000 price range they all have heated seats and pedals.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 8:33 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I was out with DD last night and she only had a t shirt on as it was after dark the temperatures had dropped and she complained it was chilly in the car, so I said, don't forget you got a heated seat if you want it. She said OOOh look at you being all fancy Her car hasn't got heated seats, she wants a car with heated seats.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:20 am
Banned

veggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Really.....so you don't make love in your car then? As for heated seats, I call bollocks on them. Winter tyres should be mandatory in every province like they are in Quebec
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I was out with DD last night and she only had a t shirt on as it was after dark the temperatures had dropped and she complained it was chilly in the car, so I said, don't forget you got a heated seat if you want it. She said OOOh look at you being all fancy Her car hasn't got heated seats, she wants a car with heated seats.

What do you drive then....a Ford focus or Toyota Echo?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:24 am
Slob

Originally Posted by veggies
Really.....so you don't make love in your car then? As for heated seats, I call bollocks on them. Winter tyres should be mandatory in every province like they are in Quebec
Try getting in a car when it's -30 and then see how you like heated seats.

They keep your bollocks warm too.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:27 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I got Xice on steel rims with my Viber matic Pontiac :@) all depends if u spot them in the garage and ask to store them into the deal Lol
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:29 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by veggies
Really.....so you don't make love in your car then? As for heated seats, I call bollocks on them.
I once had a blow job on the 427, it was raining but we had the top of the car down anyway and drove fast enough for the woosh over to work. I don't recall that involving touching the car more than unfellated driving. Perhaps we did it wrongly. That car didn't have electrically heated seats which, on reflection, seems a good thing.
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:30 am
Banned

I once had a blow job on the 427, it was raining but we had the top of the car down anyway and drove fast enough for the woosh over to work. I don't recall that involving touching the car more than unfellated driving. Perhaps we did it wrongly. That car didn't have electrically heated seats which, on reflection, seems a good thing.

When was this...1990 in a Miata?
Old Apr 8th 2016, 9:32 am
Banned

Try getting in a car when it's -30 and then see how you like heated seats.

They keep your bollocks warm too.
-30 is nothing to sniff at, and yes I have got into a car at more than that with the wind chill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.