Reload this Page >

Question to Mr.Miller

Question to Mr.Miller

Old May 21st 2003, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

montreallimbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question to Mr.Miller

Hi Mr.Miller,

I have been in Canada for 2.5 years as a Masters student. I got CSQ in August 2002, applied to Buffalo in September. They asked for medicals and RCMP report in October, 2002 giving me 32 weeks of approx timeline. October I have done the medicals and sent to RCMP fingerprints in October as well. I have graduated from my masters in February and got a job offer as a process engineer in Montreal and received a closed work permit for 1 year in May,2003. 32 weeks had passed, and while I was waiting for a passport request I have received a letter from Buffalo saying that they have an insufficient information to continue my background check and asked me to fill out the form they sent me about the work history update, school update and adress update since September 2002, which is the date I have applied for PR. My question is, is this normal that they ask for an update for personal information after the application? and does that mean that they just started doing the background check and realized there is no info after september 2002, or they have already verified and completed up to september and now they want to verify after september 2002?
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.