Question on lenght of time for visa

Question on lenght of time for visa

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:03 am
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on lenght of time for visa

Hi

I have applied for sponsoring my husband last November. I got the letter today saying that they have accepted me as a sponsor and now refer the case to London (HOURRAY!!!) Does anybody know how quick it is from now? Originally, they told me that it should take about 6 months. We are getting to the end of that now.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on lenght of time for visa

Originally Posted by MCC
Hi

I have applied for sponsoring my husband last November. I got the letter today saying that they have accepted me as a sponsor and now refer the case to London (HOURRAY!!!) Does anybody know how quick it is from now? Originally, they told me that it should take about 6 months. We are getting to the end of that now.

Thanks in advance
Ours was 2mths from that point on, but that was very quick indeed. Since they aim to process all spousals within 6mths you could send them a fax and ask what's going on when the time comes? We did this and in our particular case it was a life saver as they'd sent a PP request 2mths ago, we never received it (thank you, Royal Mail) and were none the wiser!

Best of luck,

Biiiiink
Old Apr 19th 2005, 3:28 pm
MCC
Forum Regular

MCC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question on lenght of time for visa

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Ours was 2mths from that point on, but that was very quick indeed. Since they aim to process all spousals within 6mths you could send them a fax and ask what's going on when the time comes? We did this and in our particular case it was a life saver as they'd sent a PP request 2mths ago, we never received it (thank you, Royal Mail) and were none the wiser!

Best of luck,

Biiiiink
thanks. You are right. I got on the phone to somebody at CHC (apparently we have a problem with our pictures!!!) and he told me it would take 3-4 weeks to process the application and then send the PP and then another 3-4 weeks to get the passport sorted.

It's all getting very exciting (and scary now). We'll have to put the house on the market, etc!!!