Reload this Page >

Question on Ages

Question on Ages

Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question on Ages

Hi All,

I am just curious as to the age of everyone on here. In the grand scheme of things I think we are quite young 27 and 28 but I would be interested to know at what point in everyone's life they have decided to take the plunge and up sticks?

thanks

bib
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:26 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question on Ages

Originally Posted by Bibendum
Hi All,

I am just curious as to the age of everyone on here. In the grand scheme of things I think we are quite young 27 and 28 but I would be interested to know at what point in everyone's life they have decided to take the plunge and up sticks?

thanks

bib
See this thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ge+immigration

There's very little which hasn't been asked before.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bibendum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
See this thread...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ge+immigration

There's very little which hasn't been asked before.
thanks for that, the reason i ask is firstly it was from 2006 (ie old system) the length of time put a lot of people off.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:32 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that, the reason i ask is firstly it was from 2006 (ie old system) the length of time put a lot of people off.
There have been many "systems" over the years.

I don't think it has affected the numbers or ages in any major way.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:37 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Why, do old people get put off by timelines? Wouldn't have thought so - but then again thats always the excuse when someone else points out a question has been asked before "well its an old thread so the replies don't count"
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:03 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Well here's a more recent thread on the same subject .... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+age+emigrated
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:07 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Why, do old people get put off by timelines? Wouldn't have thought so - but then again thats always the excuse when someone else points out a question has been asked before "well its an old thread so the replies don't count"
It's a fair question though. There is a different cohort on the forum from the one in 2006 and the economic situation is also different. This latter may have an effect on which demographics are emigrating.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:13 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
It's a fair question though. There is a different cohort on the forum from the one in 2006 and the economic situation is also different. This latter may have an effect on which demographics are emigrating.
See AR's post above.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:14 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I will answer the question

I was 29, OH, 35, 2 kids, 6 and 2
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:14 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

See AR's post above.
oops... must read thread properly.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:17 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
Well here's a more recent thread on the same subject .... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+age+emigrated
This thread also includes a link to a more recent poll from March of last year (which is still open for votes).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599653
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:17 pm
Sawdust making harpy

I seriously don't think that timescales will affect the result - it would however be interesting to find out if peoples first thought of moving to Canada was because they intially believed it to be waaay cheaper than the UK, with bigger cheaper houses and therefore being able to move over and live the life of Riley!!

For sure thats what me and the ex first thought (prior to doing research that is )
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:20 pm

I seriously don't think that timescales will affect the result - it would however be interesting to find out if peoples first thought of moving to Canada was because they intially believed it to be waaay cheaper than the UK, with bigger cheaper houses and therefore being able to move over and live the life of Riley!!

For sure thats what me and the ex first thought (prior to doing research that is )
I'm guessing that up till around 2007 those coming would be selling houses in the UK to fund their new life abroad. People who maybe bought houses prior to 2000; probably mostly in their late 30's or ealry 40's.

I will now go and check that thread to see if I'm right
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:30 pm
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I'm guessing that up till around 2007 those coming would be selling houses in the UK to fund their new life abroad. People who maybe bought houses prior to 2000; probably mostly in their late 30's or ealry 40's.

I will now go and check that thread to see if I'm right
Pedant
Old Jan 24th 2010, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

old people, in case we die before we get PR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.