Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Question about Canadian job sites

Question about Canadian job sites

Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all
Default Question about Canadian job sites

Hiya

Although we're not planning to Make The Move yet, I did come across a company the other day who have recently been acquired by a Canada based parent organisation.

In the full belief that the universe does chuck the odd positive googly every now and again (plus you should never look a present bearing mule in the gob), I thought that I'd check out their recruitment site.

Interestingly enough, they have a couple of vacancies in Toronto or Vancouver which get my radar twitching... But they haven't got salary details on them.

And now that I think about it, a few sites I've seen in the past haven't either...

Is this normal practice? It would be useful to know because we're not planning to move yet as we're clearing debt and saving money. But if the money is astoundingly good, it would make me think again...

Any help - as always - gratefully received
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:26 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Canadian job sites

Originally Posted by Cornfedapache
Hiya

Although we're not planning to Make The Move yet, I did come across a company the other day who have recently been acquired by a Canada based parent organisation.

In the full belief that the universe does chuck the odd positive googly every now and again (plus you should never look a present bearing mule in the gob), I thought that I'd check out their recruitment site.

Interestingly enough, they have a couple of vacancies in Toronto or Vancouver which get my radar twitching... But they haven't got salary details on them.

And now that I think about it, a few sites I've seen in the past haven't either...

Is this normal practice? It would be useful to know because we're not planning to move yet as we're clearing debt and saving money. But if the money is astoundingly good, it would make me think again...

Is what normal practice? Do you mean the big salary, or having jobs in other locales?

I would check the job vacancies don't have something along the lines of 'must be legally entitled to work in said jurisdiction' on them. My company does this for most of the international positions it advertises; only occasionally do they sort out work permits etc.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cornfedapache
Hiya

It seems that many of the jobs do not advertise salaries in the first instance...
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Is what normal practice? Do you mean the big salary, or having jobs in other locales?

I would check the job vacancies don't have something along the lines of 'must be legally entitled to work in said jurisdiction' on them. My company does this for most of the international positions it advertises; only occasionally do they sort out work permits etc.
Sorry - I meant not putting salaries on the ads.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:14 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, its pretty normal for private sector jobs. All part of the game here...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh OK - always worth knowing!