Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Query about returning to the UK

Query about returning to the UK

Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Query about returning to the UK

Hi guys,

My wife is off back to the UK for a week. We've been temporary residents in Canada for 10 months now and we're planning on 'landing' as PR's in 1 week assuming everything goes to plan. Anyway, does she need travel insurance to go back to the UK now? I'm guessing she's no longer eligible for NHS care etc.

Cheers!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Vicky1001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Query about returning to the UK

Hi

Just wondering where you live in Canada , what visas do you have and what do you do for jobs you and your wife do for jobs if you don't mind me asking
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicky1001
Hi

Just wondering where you live in Canada , what visas do you have and what do you do for jobs you and your wife do for jobs if you don't mind me asking
Vicky - rather than hijacking the OP's thread with unrelated questions, it would be better if you could either send a PM, or just look at his previous posts for info on his visa history etc.

Thanks.

Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hi guys,

My wife is off back to the UK for a week. We've been temporary residents in Canada for 10 months now and we're planning on 'landing' as PR's in 1 week assuming everything goes to plan. Anyway, does she need travel insurance to go back to the UK now? I'm guessing she's no longer eligible for NHS care etc.

Cheers!
Isn't there a six month cut off? Might be wrong...
Old May 1st 2012, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Vicky1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry just have questions I'm sorry poster
Old May 1st 2012, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

in the woods will become famous soon enough

I thought it was against someones human rights to ask them any questions they did not want to answer while in a uk hospital. I never get any paid enough tax's there over the years
Old May 1st 2012, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Taken this form NHS website
http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/E...tors/index.htm

Guidance on eligibility for free hospital treatment under the NHS

Are you visiting the United Kingdom? Have you been living outside the UK for more than 6 months? Did you know that you may have to pay for hospital treatment whilst here? Hospital treatment is free to people who ordinarily live in the United Kingdom (UK). If you do not normally live here than you may be required to pay for any treatment you might need. This is regardless of whether you are a British citizen or have lived or worked here in the past. PLEASE NOTE: THESE PAGES ARE FOR GUIDANCE ONLY

Hope this helps.
Old May 1st 2012, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Your Provincial Plan - OHIP etc - may provide limited coverage. Top this up with private insurance. When we travelled back last year, my company health plan covered out of country travel for the whole family.
Old May 1st 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys! Appreciate the information. I'm wondering if my Bluecross coverage gives us anything (I'm guessing not). If not, another policy!