Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

QUEBEC LMO QUESTION?

QUEBEC LMO QUESTION?

Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:23 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: QUEBEC LMO QUESTION?

Originally Posted by Alvic
Have no advice on Quebec LMO, but if its as long as AB and SK.....how long is a piece of string?????????????????????????

Get it sent in quick if that where you want to go.

PM Souvenir...he lives in Quebec.
Don't. He doesn't know the answers to any of those questions. He only knows that is is very foggy here in Montreal this morning.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Yes I'm in Pointe Claire and have 3 kids, 2 boys and 1 girl and have been here 4 years.

We have gone down the private french school route here and are now starting to look at High schools for our daughter. As has already been said if you're on a work permit your children will be able to go to english schools, if you are permanent residents then they have to go to french school.

Going private isn't necessarily a way round it either because the majority of the private schools still have some government funding so even if they have an english program you are not eligible. The only 'fully' private english high schools I have found are Kuper Academy and Kells Academy.

Good luck with it all, feel free to PM me. You can also search my previous posts for lots on info. on the West Island and kid-related info.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission impossible

Why did you choose Montreal? Do you really like it? What's the best thing about living in Montreal?
if you would like another POV

Came over in 1962 aged 19, trilingual, and hav never regretted it. To my mind if is one of the most civilised places to live in north america. It is very european in flavour, unamerican thank GOD, and the fact most of us speak French is a plus which distinguishes us from the rest of north america.

Climate, heat plus humidity, can be oppressive in summer, some days, so the odd bitter artic winter day can be quite a relief.

It is affordable as a city, housing or rental is relatively cheap as compared to places such as Calgary, 'Hongcouver', or the centre of the universe (Toronto) and as long as one is able to try to learn the lingo (it is not that hard) one will feel very much at home.

Think of this place as just another country. You go to live in Belgium or France well you learn the lingo, right?

Same goes for here.

Last edited by montreal mike; Oct 20th 2007 at 6:00 pm.