Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Psychiatric nursing

Psychiatric nursing

Old Mar 7th 2017, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Erihrimark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Psychiatric nursing

If you apply to one province in Canada, can you work in another province as a psychiatric nurse. Which province is best to apply to currently for UK trained psychiatric nurse
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Psychiatric nursing

Originally Posted by Erihrimark
If you apply to one province in Canada, can you work in another province as a psychiatric nurse. Which province is best to apply to currently for UK trained psychiatric nurse
Hi, welcome to BE.

Can you clarify how you would be applying and what for? If it's a temp work permit, or PR as a Federal Skilled Worker, then you can work anywhere you like, but if you're applying under a Provincial Nominee Program then you would be expected to make your life in the province that's sponsored you rather than immediately going elsewhere. If you can give more info about which visa route you're asking about, then we can try and help.

As for which province, I'm afraid I have no idea if any area easier than others or have more jobs available, but hopefully other nurses will be along to help you out shortly. It's a long old process to work as Canada as a nurse from what I can gather, but they'll be able to give you some good advice.

Best of luck with it.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 10:15 am
Just Joined

I am not too in a hurry to arrive Canada so intend to apply for FSW if I would get the points. with FSW can I work in the other provinces other than the one I applied with?
which of these 5 is best for UK trained mental health nurse. PR I don't understand and don't know which is quicker or easier TWP OR FSW. applying now to NNAS which province do I put?
Old Mar 7th 2017, 11:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I am not too in a hurry to arrive Canada so intend to apply for FSW if I would get the points. with FSW can I work in the other provinces other than the one I applied with?
which of these 5 is best for UK trained mental health nurse. PR I don't understand and don't know which is quicker or easier TWP OR FSW. applying now to NNAS which province do I put?
If you're applying under FSW, then you can go anywhere in Canada, and don't have to specify a province for immigration purposes.

What are you scoring on the CRS? Will you need a job offer to be able to apply under FSW or are you eligible without? If you are eligible without, then FSW would be much easier than TWP.

Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

So if are a FSW and you write exams or are registered with say BC, u can work in Alberta?
Old Mar 7th 2017, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

You will still have to apply to the provincial nursing college and meet their requirements when moving from one province to another
Old Mar 7th 2017, 4:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

So if are a FSW and you write exams or are registered with say BC, u can work in Alberta?
Registering with a province has nothing to do with immigration though - the two are completely separate. I have no idea how you would move provinces once you're licensed in one province, but that's nothing to do with your visa.

If you apply as a FSW, you can work anywhere in Canada, it's up to you. Your provincial licensing is another matter though, hopefully nurses can help you figure that out.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. Because am not sure of what province to apply to for nursing registration , when I get in there with FSW, I can switch over to another province with better opportunities but have to remember apply to that province to practice nursing there. Is it?
Old Mar 7th 2017, 5:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks. Because am not sure of what province to apply to for nursing registration , when I get in there with FSW, I can switch over to another province with better opportunities but have to remember apply to that province to practice nursing there. Is it?
I believe so, yes - but take advice from nurses on that. As above, what are you scoring on the CRS, is it enough for PR without a job offer? If not, then it's a bit of a moot point anyway as you'll just have to go wherever you can find a job offer and sponsoring employer.
Old Mar 7th 2017, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Each province college of nurses have their own requirements and not always a guarantee that pass in one will be ok for the other. Also process especially for IENS are expensive and long. Much better to decide first which province you want to live and work in and check out their website on requirements.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks silverdragon. Alberta or BC which do u advice?
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks silverdragon. Alberta or BC which do u advice?
Do you have any idea how big Alberta and BC are? In order to get good information you have to give good information. Besides a job , what are you looking for? Mountains or praire? Temperate and rainy or hot/cold and dry? Ocean or landlocked?
Old Mar 8th 2017, 2:14 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you have any idea how big Alberta and BC are? In order to get good information you have to give good information. Besides a job , what are you looking for? Mountains or praire? Temperate and rainy or hot/cold and dry? Ocean or landlocked?
I was thinking that myself..
Attached Thumbnails Psychiatric nursing-image.jpeg  
Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Dorothy just focusing on psychiatric nursing work conditions, job availability, pay etc. I thought the weather(cold) will be the same in both provinces. Not after mountains or oceans
Old Mar 8th 2017, 7:25 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy just focusing on psychiatric nursing work conditions, job availability, pay etc. I thought the weather(cold) will be the same in both provinces. Not after mountains or oceans
Well then I hear Iqaluit is nice .

Seriously, you're asking us where to live in an area thats absolutely massive. If I say to you "where should I live in Europe?" without giving any other information than I need a job nursing, you're not going to be able to give good suggestions.

Tell the good people what you are looking for besides a job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.