PS2 games

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:38 pm
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold
Default PS2 games

Hi all.
If and when we move to Canada, will my little darlings be able to take their beloved PS2 games with them and play them on a Canadian machine. As much as I'd love to burn the bloody things my wife has pointed out to me that the kids need to feel that they haven't lost all that they had in the UK.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 10:00 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PS2 games

Originally Posted by john fisher
Hi all.
If and when we move to Canada, will my little darlings be able to take their beloved PS2 games with them and play them on a Canadian machine. As much as I'd love to burn the bloody things
LOL Don't worry, once they discover "the great Canadian outdoors" they'll never be in. And hey, it's mainly free leisure* Last night in -15 the local kids were out having a wild time rolling in the snow etc. Good to see, they were roaring with fun and laughter and all right here in the neighbourhood. Great news for parents.

*Oh apart from the snowboards and kit and endless sports stuff....

Many a thread on here about PS, conversion, TV's, PAL-NTSC etc. Do a search, will reveal.

Rich.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough

Hi all.
If and when we move to Canada, will my little darlings be able to take their beloved PS2 games with them and play them on a Canadian machine. As much as I'd love to burn the bloody things my wife has pointed out to me that the kids need to feel that they haven't lost all that they had in the UK.
Hi John
Yes you will be able to take your beloved ps2 games,

but it would be easier to buy a ps2 over here best off with a second hand one because you will need to get it Chipped, this "Chipped" takes the dvd region codes off also allowing to play foriegn games and also copied ones "not that i condone copying"

Only problem with that is you will need a Compatible ntsc/pal TV I think most are dual nowadays over here any way, otherwise it comes out black nad white

the chipping will cost about 20 dollars i think or if you know someone who can do it for you less

i hope this helps

See you soon
Old Dec 4th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

Hi

Why dont you ask father christmas to get them a psp or ds and they can take that anywhere even on the plane and you wont have to worry about buying tvs for the kids and all that chipping stuff.

Debbie
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:59 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Hi
Thanks for all the replies. I will now go away armed with this info and make the wrong decision. Will have my kids hating me for the rest of my life because Wang of the Incredible Thargrod, Slayer of all under world Shragfels and keeper of the Stickle Bricks cannot be played..........it's the end of the world.........better send them out to play instead.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 5:48 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Better send them out to play instead.
Get them nice warm coats and send them out in -10 to "go look for the other neighbourhood kids rolling in the snow".

Rich
Old Dec 6th 2005, 6:56 pm
Lost again

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Get them nice warm coats and send them out in -10 to "go look for the other neighbourhood kids rolling in the snow".

Rich
Yep think I'll do that and maybe I'll join them.