Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"Professional Designation" for a web developer...

"Professional Designation" for a web developer...

Old Oct 21st 2007, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

nickzeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Professional Designation" for a web developer...

Hi you helpful lot,

I am doing research on emigrating to Canada via the PNP, and it looks like my current job is on the list for British Columbia. I fit into NOC 2175 - Web Designers and Developers. To go with the PNP I need

“A relevant university degree, professional designation or 2-year college diploma, and several years of directly related experience.”

I have 7 years of good experience, but an unrelated degree. My question is - what professional designation would be accepted?

Is there a UK qualification I could get, something that I could do quickly, like an exam or short assessment course? A part-time degree course or similar would take a lot of time.

Of course - that's the easy bit. It's getting a sponsor that will be hard. Anyhow... first things first.

Many thanks for your help!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Professional Designation" for a web developer...

Originally Posted by nickzeff
Hi you helpful lot,

I am doing research on emigrating to Canada via the PNP, and it looks like my current job is on the list for British Columbia. I fit into NOC 2175 - Web Designers and Developers. To go with the PNP I need

“A relevant university degree, professional designation or 2-year college diploma, and several years of directly related experience.”

I have 7 years of good experience, but an unrelated degree. My question is - what professional designation would be accepted?

Is there a UK qualification I could get, something that I could do quickly, like an exam or short assessment course? A part-time degree course or similar would take a lot of time.

Of course - that's the easy bit. It's getting a sponsor that will be hard. Anyhow... first things first.

Many thanks for your help!

But in your quote doesnt it say that "several Years Experience" is ok ??

Gaynorx

Sorry missed that you had to have the qualification :~
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

No probs.

Anyone else have any idea?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickzeff
No probs.

Anyone else have any idea?
Just a shame that you need the quali with all that experience
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah - I've always got pretty good jobs in the UK thanks to my experience and abilities, but I need something on paper for the Canadian authorities! Cheers anyway.

N