Reload this Page >

Processing times

Processing times

Old Dec 21st 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

jasharpreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing times

Hi Guys!

I Got the MPNP nomination under skilled worker route in mid October this years and sent my PR application to London office 3rd November they got that on 4th. As my nationality is Indian i did Police checks from there and in U.K both attached to my application. Till now i didn't hear anything from CHC London. Its more than six weeks. Should i contact them or wait little more.

I have one problem i'm on work Permit here which will finish March 2009. Due to recession company is not going to renew it so if i didn't get before taht what will heppen? As they told me to attach my visa page with application so they know this as well. Will they do before it or they don't care any thoughts please.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 1:24 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing times

Are you on a 5 years work permit in UK? If yes, then you can switch to UK PR which will give you leave to remain here, so in case your employer makes you redundant and your Canadian visa is still in process, you can look for other job opportunities within UK which will save you from being unemployed while you wait for your Canadian visa.

PR is also good in the sense that you can transfer it over to any other passport. So if you want to leave a door open for the future and if you might want to come back to UK after you experience life in Canada, with the UK PR you wont have troubles getting a job here. And you don't need your employer to apply for your PR. You can do it yourself but remember, you have to have been living in the UK for at least 5 years (on a work/spouse visa). Hope it helps.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry Dear!

Home office just gave me visa for one year i don't know why its after the appeal so there is no hope after march.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 8:17 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasharpreet View Post

Home office just gave me visa for one year i don't know why its after the appeal so there is no hope after march.
Really? Are you on SEGS/IGS?PSW kind of visa or something?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

I'm on IGS
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:54 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Well, I suppose if you don't hear from CIC before March and your IGS runs out then you have to do something about your visa to be able to stay legally in the UK. I was also on IGS and have applied for renewal under PSW. You can consider doing that too.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Could you please let me know the procedure for that.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:38 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Those who were on SEGS/IGS visas are eligible for extension under the Post-Study Work scheme for another year. Theres more information on BIA'a website.