Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Probably been here before. Where to live?

Wikiposts

Probably been here before. Where to live?

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:04 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: Probably been here before. Where to live?

Originally Posted by Iginla
Don't know about burning bridges though. Never know what the future holds. I would just tell the prick in your strongest fastest accent that you are leaving and if he can't understand then talk faster to him.

In fact on your last day I would make a point of making sure that he can't understand a word you say!
Any idea where you can buy nipple clamps in Calgary?

Perhaps you don't want to answer that one ....

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:07 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Tire or Walmart.

In the camping section. Just past the stoves.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:09 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about burning bridges though.
Isn't that what the "exit interview" is all about though. Often you can see the smoke for miles and miles around
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:09 am
Glaswegian

In the camping section.
Don't tell me you're a happy camper

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Any idea where you can buy nipple clamps in Calgary?

Perhaps you don't want to answer that one ....
Ok....this comment went totally over my head....what the heck are you talking about?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:14 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
Ok....this comment went totally over my head....what the heck are you talking about?
Nipple clamps ... small spring loaded clamps ... for attaching to human nipples ... never had the urge to myself ... tried one on the end of one of my fingers, not something I would do again.

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Nipple clamps ... small spring loaded clamps ... for attaching to human nipples ... never had the urge to myself ... tried one on the end of one of my fingers, not something I would do again.
\

Yes, I know what nipple clamps are.....but how is it related to the comment...oh, I get it.....you were suggesting that Iglina try them.....right?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:23 am
Glaswegian

Yes, I know what nipple clamps are.....but how is it related to the comment...oh, I get it.....you were suggesting that Iglina try them.....right?
Sweetie ... I appreciate that sometimes things go over your head ... but right now, I'm not even sure what we're talking about either ... I'm half bald and mostly grey, but I feel like I'm having a blonde moment.

All I tried to suggest was that in the absence of thumbscrews, nipple clamps might be easilly obtainable alternatives ... obviously I'm typing with too heavy an accent nowadays.

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:30 am
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, just saying that they're very good for clamping off gas tubes on your stove when camping.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:33 am
Glaswegian

Nope, just saying that they're very good for clamping off gas tubes on your stove when camping.
Ah ... two small clamps joined by a chain really do have a multitude of uses when you think about it ... I bet they would hold the flysheet in place too

Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah ... two small clamps joined by a chain really do have a multitude of uses when you think about it ... I bet they would hold the flysheet in place too
So we've gone totally off-topic right?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 8:48 am
Glaswegian

So we've gone totally off-topic right?
From which topic ... the original or the last spin off topic ... technically we've probably gone off-off-off-off topic.

Or are you suggesting the availablity of nipple clamps could be an issue when deciding where to live in Canada??

Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

From which topic ... the original or the last spin off topic ... technically we've probably gone off-off-off-off topic.

Or are you suggesting the availablity of nipple clamps could be an issue when deciding where to live in Canada??
I understood the last spin off topic....but the nipple clamps really threw me for a loop.....

Well, all I'm going to say is that a person would probably have some difficulty finding them in Victoria.

So......what's making you feel so old today?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:11 am
Glaswegian

So......what's making you feel so old today?
Juggling job offers

Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Juggling job offers
Well, unfortuntely, no one can make that decision except you and Mrs. G

But here's my 5 cents worth. If the new position offers you more challenge, money, better benefits and the opportunity to provide a better lifestyle for you and your family.....then what's holding you back?

You don't really owe your employer anything do you? In my opinion as I said before, if I worked for an employer who an attitude problem with an accented person, and was offered a better position somewhere else, I'd be gone....after I let my feelings known at the exit interview. I'm not talking about "burning bridges" because I assume that the IT community in Calgary would know each other pretty well.

Change is difficult at any age, not just someone of such advanced age.....so go for it....if you feel it's right for you.......!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.