Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Probably been here before. Where to live?

Wikiposts

Probably been here before. Where to live?

Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Probably been here before. Where to live?

Originally Posted by iaink
And thats exactly why its pointless to expect this type of thread to do anything but start a debate. As I've said before (and Glaswegian has had similar experiences Im sure) I used to reply about how wonderfull Quinte is, and how it was #1 for quality of life in Ontario, which at the time was #1 province for quality of life in the #1 Country for quality of life blah blah blah, but, then I would get slammed by people saying, but theres nothing there and I cant buy Italian loafers and $200 shirts etc etc etc.

There is no answer to a thread like this, everyone is different and is looking for something different. I appreciate that this thread was better phrased than most, and "Iqaluit" was just an off the cuff answer, but it sums up in one word the pointlessness of a general question of this type, which I think is a point that owen made really well (but Im karmalocked again).

Come on now....everyone knows the only place to live in Canada is Vancouver Island - "the jewel of the country"...also known as paradise......did I tell everyone who still has snow that we start our "flower counting contest" next week......

Last edited by willmore; Feb 10th 2005 at 3:17 am.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:17 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

LA LA LA LA, I CANT HEAR YOU
LA LA LA LA, I CANT HEAR YOU

Did anyone else hear something? Sounded like gloating?

Hey Willmore, did they replace those washed out roads yet

Last edited by iaink; Feb 10th 2005 at 2:20 am. Reason: typos
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:17 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
did I tell everyone who still has snow that we start our "flower counting contest" next week......
About the same time as the bud harvest commences ....

Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:28 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
I bet you can get Italian loafers and $200 shirts in Iqaluit
Wouldn't go with your 10 gallon hat from Lammles
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

I started this, but I will now leave you all to bicker about the merits of places I do not yet know. It's fun isn't it?

Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:00 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Gray C
I started this, but I will now leave you all to bicker about the merits of places I do not yet know. It's fun isn't it?
We haven't even started to bicker yet ... we're still warming up

Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:01 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by SirTainly
Wouldn't go with your 10 gallon hat from Lammles
Italian loafers and a cowboy hat ... now there's a mental image to treasure.

Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Now that is something you do not see that often in Stoke on Trent.

Italian loafers and a cowboy hat ... now there's a mental image to treasure.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL ...jealousy really doesn't become you guys....but we might allow you to come and visit and see what paradise is really like.......
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bicker......we haven't even started with the foreplay yet.........we're just warming up........
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:17 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
LOL ...jealousy really doesn't become you guys....but we might allow you to come and visit and see what paradise is really like.......
But first you have to fix the roads after they were washed away by that torrential rain, right?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:20 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

But first you have to fix the roads after they were washed away by that torrential rain, right?
After the bud harvest, who cares about the roads...
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smart-ass....yes, ok. I admit it, some of the roads are in a constant state of repair with the amount of rain we get.....but I'll even live with that.

Jim and I headed to Botanical Beach very early last Saturday to see the tidal pools before high tide came in full force, and as we got closer to the Beach the roads were in quite bad shape.....probably why he wanted to take my car instead of his.....men!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
After the bud harvest, who cares about the roads...
It would probably be a little hard to see them anyway, with all the people smoking "the bud"

Where are you now? Still in BC or back in England?
Old Feb 10th 2005, 3:49 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Now that is something you do not see that often in Stoke on Trent.
What is there of note to see in Stoke ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.