Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

And prices down

And prices down

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default And prices down

http://www.statcan.ca/english/Subjects/Cpi/cpi-en.htm
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough
Default Re: And prices down

it doesn't mean the prices have dropped it just means the pace of the increases have slowed down. It wouldn't represent falling prices until we entered a deflation scenerio, minus numbers.

Chris
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

so it's still good though?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

it is good in that it gives the Bank of Canada ammunition to cut interest rates.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
You're allegedly a real estate agent and you have to ask?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:35 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Muesli
You're allegedly a real estate agent and you have to ask?
mrs m you seem to go from thread to thread trying to goad people into arguements, do you have any other purpose
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really niceMrs Muesli is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flogger
mrs m you seem to go from thread to thread trying to goad people into arguements, do you have any other purpose
No - you obviously spend as much time looking!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:47 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

sorry hard to miss
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:51 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Or it might be indicating that there is insecurity in the economy.... People might be resisting increasing prices for fear of driving customers away.

Mostly, if you bothered to read what you linked to, its down to lower gas prices and lower car prices. Gas is a law to itself, and has already jumped up 15c/liter this month, and car prices dropped because of the stronger US exchange which in itself is killing canadian manufacturing and retail businesses, and is a result of the US stareing into the jaws of a nasty recession that will probably drag at least some canadians with it.

So "good news"... Probably not. Like unemployment, high numbers are bad, but low numbers can be indicative of wider economic issues too.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 10th 2008 at 5:54 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

giggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nice

We are a happy lot today.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

sorry hard to miss
The thing is I just hate it when people make such silly nonsensical statements, and then are surprised when they're challenged. So, no, I'm not picking fights or arguments, but trying to get others to think about what they say!
I was brought up to question things and debate, so perhaps you are mis-reading my posts.

Notice how Iaink has also commented on the OP's question?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say.......................probably not !
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:06 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but I actually added something rather than just bashing the original poster cos you got in a tizzy with him on a different thread Whether he is or is not a realor had absolutely nothing to do with this posting, you were just carrying your argument over for the sake of it.

See the difference?

Last edited by iaink; Apr 10th 2008 at 6:08 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is I just hate it when people make such silly nonsensical statements, and then are surprised when they're challenged. So, no, I'm not picking fights or arguments, but trying to get others to think about what they say!
I was brought up to question things and debate, so perhaps you are mis-reading my posts.

Thats right, Iaink has also commented on the question, but if you look at his response, side by side with your reponses, you may see why people might think you are being a little sharp !!

Challenging someody's point of view, however silly you might think it is, doesnt mean trying to humiliate them, make them look stupid, or being aggressive towards them !

I cant say i've seen many of your posts that hav'nt adopted this line ! I thought it might just have been me that thought this way, but obviously other people have noticed this aswell !

Having said that, keep up the good work ! it certainly keeps the threads going !
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mjwalker007
Thats right, Iaink has also commented on the question, but if you look at his response, side by side with your reponses, you may see why people might think you are being a little sharp !!

Challenging someody's point of view, however silly you might think it is, doesnt mean trying to humiliate them, make them look stupid, or being aggressive towards them !

I cant say i've seen many of your posts that hav'nt adopted this line ! I thought it might just have been me that thought this way, but obviously other people have noticed this aswell !

Having said that, keep up the good work ! it certainly keeps the threads going !
Apologies if that's the impression I've given......mea culpa. You're right, I do tend to be a bit abrasive at times.......sorry to anyone I have offended.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.