Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pre-arranged LMO's

Pre-arranged LMO's

Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice
Default Pre-arranged LMO's

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a list of companies that have pre-arranged LMO's?

Hubby is a Heavy equipment Tech and has applied for LOADS of jobs. He has had 2 offers in writing and both companies have had their LMO's denied. One of them was denied twice and they are applying for a third time. The other company has applied for the second time and had no word back yet.

He has already been approved to sit the Red Seal so has had his hours and experience verified.

It's so frustrating!!
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-arranged LMO's

One must question why the LMOs were denied.
Old Mar 10th 2012, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
One must question why the LMOs were denied.
Well first company was lack of advertising on job bank and the second was that the advert hadn't rang long enough, it was 2 days short of the requirement!!

Both companies ovbiously didn't read the rules!!
Old Mar 11th 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Paulmck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Your husband could try North American Construction Group in Alberta. I understand they were looking for people from UK late last year. I presume they had an LMO.
Regards
Paul
Old Mar 11th 2012, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

Hi

You could also try FLINT I will PM you the e mail address of the woman who deals with their temporary work visa's she said they were going to do an LMO in the early part of this year.

Steve
Old Mar 17th 2012, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

craggyjoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure where you want to live, but here in Alberta there is a chronic skills shortage across most businesses. So you may find it easier to find a company here with an LMO already in place.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

slavicnew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shunter1977
Hi

You could also try FLINT I will PM you the e mail address of the woman who deals with their temporary work visa's she said they were going to do an LMO in the early part of this year.

Steve
Hi Steve

Could I have that woman email address, pls?
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

shunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud ofshunter1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by slavicnew
Hi Steve

Could I have that woman email address, pls?
Not sure I can PM you as you only have one post, Also what is your trade and do you have your qualifications recognized by AIT as you will need that before you can do anything else.

I am not saying I wont PM you but I don't want her bombarded with direct E-mails without having any knowledge of them or if they are completely not suitable for her as she was exceptionally helpful to me and I don't want to give her unnecessary hassle.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

I understand your concern.

So I'm a MIG welder with 1 year of work experience.

My friend from Canada recommended me to try luck with 3 big companies from Alberta as Ledcore, Flint and North American Construction Group. I was looking for FLINT and here I am.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thats fair enough I would say that unless you have qualifications that will be acceptable in Alberta you will struggle with only 1 years experience have you looked at the CIC website and also the Alberta Institute of technology. I am sure someone cleverer than me will post up the links :-) . I will trawl back through my E-mails and get you her address though it wont be tonight as I have guests now arriving.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Thanking you in advance
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by justme31170
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a list of companies that have pre-arranged LMO's?

Hubby is a Heavy equipment Tech and has applied for LOADS of jobs. He has had 2 offers in writing and both companies have had their LMO's denied. One of them was denied twice and they are applying for a third time. The other company has applied for the second time and had no word back yet.

He has already been approved to sit the Red Seal so has had his hours and experience verified.

It's so frustrating!!
Greatwest Kenworth are also hiring in Calgary (or a few other cities/towns across Alberta), myself and a good friend of mine both got positive LMOs and are flying out next month. PM me for details.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Greatwest Kenworth are also hiring in Calgary (or a few other cities/towns across Alberta), myself and a good friend of mine both got positive LMOs and are flying out next month. PM me for details.
I've checked their web-site and must say that given information about hiring foreign workers is 100 % comprehensive. Right staff in the right place they have in the HR department!
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

They are totally on the ball, there benefits package is great too.