British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Pre-arranged LMO's (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/pre-arranged-lmos-751218/)

justme31170 Mar 10th 2012 7:25 pm

Pre-arranged LMO's

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a list of companies that have pre-arranged LMO's?

Hubby is a Heavy equipment Tech and has applied for LOADS of jobs. He has had 2 offers in writing and both companies have had their LMO's denied. One of them was denied twice and they are applying for a third time. The other company has applied for the second time and had no word back yet.

He has already been approved to sit the Red Seal so has had his hours and experience verified.

It's so frustrating!!

Former Lancastrian Mar 10th 2012 7:39 pm

Re: Pre-arranged LMO's

One must question why the LMOs were denied.

justme31170 Mar 10th 2012 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 9946159)
One must question why the LMOs were denied.

Well first company was lack of advertising on job bank and the second was that the advert hadn't rang long enough, it was 2 days short of the requirement!!

Both companies ovbiously didn't read the rules!!

Paulmck Mar 11th 2012 12:27 pm

Hello
Your husband could try North American Construction Group in Alberta. I understand they were looking for people from UK late last year. I presume they had an LMO.
Regards
Paul

shunter1977 Mar 11th 2012 3:52 pm

Hi

You could also try FLINT I will PM you the e mail address of the woman who deals with their temporary work visa's she said they were going to do an LMO in the early part of this year.

Steve

craggyjoh Mar 17th 2012 2:45 pm

Not sure where you want to live, but here in Alberta there is a chronic skills shortage across most businesses. So you may find it easier to find a company here with an LMO already in place.

slavicnew Mar 22nd 2012 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by shunter1977 (Post 9947223)
Hi

You could also try FLINT I will PM you the e mail address of the woman who deals with their temporary work visa's she said they were going to do an LMO in the early part of this year.

Steve

Hi Steve

Could I have that woman email address, pls?

shunter1977 Mar 22nd 2012 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by slavicnew (Post 9967418)
Hi Steve

Could I have that woman email address, pls?

Not sure I can PM you as you only have one post, Also what is your trade and do you have your qualifications recognized by AIT as you will need that before you can do anything else.

I am not saying I wont PM you but I don't want her bombarded with direct E-mails without having any knowledge of them or if they are completely not suitable for her as she was exceptionally helpful to me and I don't want to give her unnecessary hassle.

slavicnew Mar 22nd 2012 8:04 pm

I understand your concern.

So I'm a MIG welder with 1 year of work experience.

My friend from Canada recommended me to try luck with 3 big companies from Alberta as Ledcore, Flint and North American Construction Group. I was looking for FLINT and here I am.

shunter1977 Mar 22nd 2012 8:12 pm

Ok thats fair enough I would say that unless you have qualifications that will be acceptable in Alberta you will struggle with only 1 years experience have you looked at the CIC website and also the Alberta Institute of technology. I am sure someone cleverer than me will post up the links :-) . I will trawl back through my E-mails and get you her address though it wont be tonight as I have guests now arriving.

slavicnew Mar 22nd 2012 8:21 pm

Thanking you in advance

Stu_g2004 Mar 22nd 2012 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by justme31170 (Post 9946147)
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a list of companies that have pre-arranged LMO's?

Hubby is a Heavy equipment Tech and has applied for LOADS of jobs. He has had 2 offers in writing and both companies have had their LMO's denied. One of them was denied twice and they are applying for a third time. The other company has applied for the second time and had no word back yet.

He has already been approved to sit the Red Seal so has had his hours and experience verified.

It's so frustrating!!

Greatwest Kenworth are also hiring in Calgary (or a few other cities/towns across Alberta), myself and a good friend of mine both got positive LMOs and are flying out next month. PM me for details.

slavicnew Mar 22nd 2012 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004 (Post 9967561)
Greatwest Kenworth are also hiring in Calgary (or a few other cities/towns across Alberta), myself and a good friend of mine both got positive LMOs and are flying out next month. PM me for details.

I've checked their web-site and must say that given information about hiring foreign workers is 100 % comprehensive. Right staff in the right place they have in the HR department!

Stu_g2004 Mar 22nd 2012 10:39 pm

They are totally on the ball, there benefits package is great too.