Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PR Visa/Passport - Any way I can get confirmation?

Wikiposts

PR Visa/Passport - Any way I can get confirmation?

Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Default PR Visa/Passport - Any way I can get confirmation?

Hi - in a tizz and wondering if anyone can help?

We have received a letter to request our passports (we are in canada already) for CIC London to give us our Permanent Residence Visas.

We sent them to the UK June 6th 09.

In the meantime - we have pre-approval for a mortgage and have found a house, had an offer accepted etc. The bank though have said that they will fund us ONLY if they have concrete confirmation of our Permanent Residence by the close of the deal 31st July 09.

SO! Our quandry is - we either say yeah ok they are coming and fly by the seat of our pants that they will be here by 31st July! (If they do not arrive we will be sued!).

OR Turn away from the house/lose $3k and wait until we have our PR Visas (which sods law says it will be next week). Get a higher interest rate and lose the house.

My question really is; Is there any way of getting someone/ a person/ an email from someone in London to confirm they have my passport to give me a visa? Even though the letter states we have been asked for it and I have given proof that we have posted them for this purpose - they still want concrete proof from us before they'll release the funds.

Subjects have to be removed on Monday if we want the house.

Hope im not confusing you too much - my heads in a muddle and im stressing

Any help highly appreciated

Thanks
Natalie

Last edited by NatsnSid; Jun 26th 2009 at 11:49 am. Reason: spelling! doh
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PR Visa/Passport - Any way I can get confirmation?

Hi me again....I guess im also asking:

Q: Has anyone sent their passports off for PR Visas recently to the UK and if so...how long did it take to get them back?

(how long is a bit of string I know)

Thanks
Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: PR Visa/Passport - Any way I can get confirmation?

Try emailing them

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

MR79
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=MR79;7703967]Try emailing them

Thanks for your reply - yep have emailed them already - just thought i'd try and get some gen from people on here.

Lets hope we get a reply from the case specific enquiry on Monday - our luck runs out Monday (deadline) and not sure if we can get an extension = I am going to stay positive until that point!

Thanks again
Natalie
Old Jun 27th 2009, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, when i sent my passports back to the uk (i am also in Canada) i think it took about 4-6 weeks but u will also have to go and land to activate your visa's too..think other people,s visa's have taken longer to get back..as u say how long is a piece of string...every case seems to be dealt with differently ...as for your house u can get an extention once this date is near to close..think people are trying to scare u...dont worry everything will fall into place..we were in the exact same postion as u
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=clairemarie70;7705003]hi, when i sent my passports back to the uk (i am also in Canada) i think it took about 4-6 weeks

Thanks Claire. We posted them on 6th June and i'd like to think that they will be here - but sods laws says they won't be.

I've tried to contact them today to get them posted to the UK instead of here - that way my parents can fax a copy of the visa as proof we have them - we can then land upon their arrival into Canada.

The Mortgage company just want a fax or letter stating "approved" somewhere and they'll release the funds - getting this is like trying to find rocking horse poop!

Im having no joy with Canada House so I guess we are up the creek.

Thanks for letting me know - appreciate it

Nat
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:44 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the letter requesting your passports provide enough proof, after all they are only requested to complete the process?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Can you log-on to your online account with CIC.... It should say "Approved" on their somewhere??

(Sorry can't be more specific, it's been a while!)
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:11 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

We sent ours from Canada and I believe the turn around was 4-6 weeks, this was back in 2007 so a bit out of date.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:00 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Doesn't the letter requesting your passports provide enough proof, after all they are only requested to complete the process?
I would think it would be - if they are only asking for proof and not the Visas that should work. Hopefully you still have that original letter plus proof of posting your passports back to the UK.

J