Wikiposts

PR Renewal

Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:32 am
Nil Desperandum Illegitim

lwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to behold
Default PR Renewal

In April I will need to apply for the renewal of my PR card (my PR card expires in Nov 2014).

Section 22 of the application form asks for my travel history - I meet the 730 day obligation no problem. However, I travel quite a bit for work (I don't work for a Canadian company) and I have noticed that my passport does not always get stamped when I re-enter Canada (particularly on day trips to US). As a result I am finding it difficult to piece together a precise travel history.

Now, I'm sure that the autorities will x-check whatever I put on the form against CBSA records (and in any event I want to be absolutely accurate on the application) and if they find any discrepancies it will not look good and my application will be rejected.

Does anyone know if I can apply to the CBSA to obtain a full travel history and if so how long it will take to process?

Thanks.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:25 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Renewal

Originally Posted by lwilli63
In April I will need to apply for the renewal of my PR card (my PR card expires in Nov 2014).

Section 22 of the application form asks for my travel history - I meet the 730 day obligation no problem. However, I travel quite a bit for work (I don't work for a Canadian company) and I have noticed that my passport does not always get stamped when I re-enter Canada (particularly on day trips to US). As a result I am finding it difficult to piece together a precise travel history.

Now, I'm sure that the autorities will x-check whatever I put on the form against CBSA records (and in any event I want to be absolutely accurate on the application) and if they find any discrepancies it will not look good and my application will be rejected.

Does anyone know if I can apply to the CBSA to obtain a full travel history and if so how long it will take to process?

Thanks.
Yes, you can use an access to information request form.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-57-eng.asp

Make sure you notify CIC that you have requested the information if you need to meet a deadline.

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 5th 2014 at 11:36 am.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 4:47 am
Nil Desperandum Illegitim

lwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to beholdlwilli63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PR Renewal

Thanks Siouxie.